The Depot and The 1912 Gallery

The Emory Train Depot is home of The 1912 Gallery, which features rotating art exhibits by national and regional artists. Visitors to Emory & Henry may also see permanent collections at the Van Dyke Center,which includes prints by 20th-century artist Frank Kleinholz and photographic prints from the Phelps Collection of nearly 2,000 turn-of-the century glass plate negatives. The Emory Train Depot was built in 1912 and served as a train station for travellers, including Emory & Henry students, travelling to and from Emory, Va.