Residents of Stuart Hall are known to form some of the strongest bonds on campus. This 16-room, 32-bed facility supports community and quiet reflection. Recently updated, Stuart Hall provides both comfort, history and charm. Located on the west end of campus, residents enjoy Stuart for the access it provides to to the most beautiful of E&H campus walkways.
Stuart Hall Amenities:
- Spacious, Double occupancy rooms (55 male residents)
- All male building
- Community and suite-style bathrooms
- Resident Assistant Staff on each floor that provide educational/social programming and 24 hour on-call emergency response
- On-Site laundry facilities (no additional charges to use)
- Community Kitchen located in basement
- High Speed Internet (WiFi) & LAN ethernet jack(s)
- Cable Ready
- Comfortable lobby space
- Non-Air Conditioned
- Parking around building for student access
- Bike Racks
- Excellent Community atmosphere
- Conveniently located to many campus academic buildings, Wiley Jackson Hall, and the Chapel
Schedule an in-person E&H Campus Tour — Take the Virtual Tour by clicking below.
A Brief History
Stuart Hall is named for an 1874 graduate of the College, Henry Carter Stuart, who became governor of Virginia. At the time of its 1909 construction, Stuart Hall was considered something of a marvel in the region as it was the first building in this part of Virginia to have central steam heat.