Athletics has been part of life at E&H since the first students arrived in 1838. Thomas "Bingo" Fullerton, hired as athletic director in 1914, is credited with establishing a program that reflects the ideals of athletics at a liberal arts institution.
Coaches like Fred Selfe continued the tradition of a talented, dedicated staff whose impact follows students throughout their lives.
About 35 percent of our student body plays on 14 varsity teams. Most of these teams benefit directly or indirectly from the Fred Selfe Athletic Stadium.
The Fred Selfe Athletic Stadium includes the following recent upgrades:
Fullerton Field was upgraded with a new, durable, artificial turf and the construction of the new James H. Brooks Field House, which includes new locker rooms, meeting rooms, and offices. Stadium lighting has been added for night play, and a brand new game day operations center has been added. A brick wall encloses the field, and a decorative fence surrounds the stadium.