The Martin-Brock Student Center is a focal point for student activities and student health and fitness. The three-story structure, which was built in 1923, was extensively renovated in 1995. The main door of the building opens to a spacious lobby with a lounging area and a big-screen television. Extending from the lobby is a hallway lined with student mail boxes, and beyond the lobby is a large game room with pool tables and video games. Also on the main level is a snack bar, called "The Hut."
A gymnasium area is located on the second level of the building. This area is used for dances, concerts, basketball, volleyball, and other large-group activities. A large track overlooks this area. The building also houses offices for student government, the student newspaper and yearbook, and the student radio station.
Martin-Brock takes its name from the Rev. Isaac P. Martin, a popular Methodist minister of the early 1900s who was president of the Conference Board of Education, and from Sen. William E. Brock of Chattanooga, Tenn., a generous benefactor of the College whose family was affiliated with the successful Brock candy company.