The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for both the programs and Director of the Alumni Engagement Office of the College's Division of Advancement.
- Oversees the day-to-day business of the Alumni Engagement Office, including the reception of visitors, both in-person and via phone,
- Provides clerical support for the Alumni Director, including the preparation of correspondence and reports of various kinds,
- Manages, maintains and coordinates office files, calendar and alumni records, including regular data entry duties,
- Coordinates, organizes and processes office mailings and e-blasts,
- Coordinates the office budget,
- Assists in organizing and coordinating Homecoming and other alumni events; duties include registration, expenditures, recording and processing income, and vendor arrangements,
- Maintains rosters of the Alumni Board, its sub-committees and member terms for each,
- Coordinates office work-study students, as needed,
- Provides support services regarding the production and mailing of Emory & Henry Magazine (published at least annually) and the Alumni Directory (published occasionally),
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by the Alumni Director, and
- Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by the Alumni Engagement Office, Division of Institutional Advancement and Emory & Henry College.
- An Associate's Degree or higher,
- Familiarity with contemporary office practices, procedures, and equipment, including online computer systems, Internet, e-mail, phone systems, etc.,
- Ability to effectively navigate and utilize proprietary e-programs such as Raiser's Edge, Lexis-Nexis, Google Docs, G-Mail, etc.,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, and
- Possessing a valid driver's license
Please send a cover letter, current resume, and a list of three recommendations with contact information to: . Review of applications will begin as received and continue until position is filled.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.