Emory & Henry College invites applications for the position of Counselor in the Powell Resource Center. This position provides counseling services, including intake, crisis and short-term counseling, consultation for students presenting with personal and/or psychological issues, and other clinical services for students. This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits.
- Provides outreach programming for students at the college, including prevention services such as depression screenings, drug/alcohol screenings, anxiety screenings, eating disorder screenings, support groups, and other outreach programming as needed.
- Provides consultation services and trainings for individuals, groups, and departments within the college related to student mental health concerns.
- Adheres to all laws and ethical standards in area of licensure. Maintains clinical records in confidential manner.
- Represents counseling services on committees as needed.Organize crisis debriefing services for the campus as needed. Serves on an on-call rotation on nights and weekends. Will need to work on some weekends with orientation or other college functions as assigned.
- This position will provide services to students at the College's main campus in Emory, VA, as well as to students at the School of Health Science's campus in Marion, VA., including some evening hours at the Marion campus.
- Masters' degree in a relevant discipline.
- Current licensed clinical psychologist, licensed clinical social worker, or licensed professional counselor in the state of Virginia (or within one year of being licensed).
- Appropriate course work at the graduate level in psychosocial assessment, theories of personality, abnormal psychology or psychopathology, human development, learning theory, counseling theory, and other appropriate subjects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively relate to all levels of employees and external contacts.
- Familiarity with modern office practices and procedures, including on-line computer systems, personal computers, electronic mail, and internet.
Please send a letter of application, current resume, and a list of three recommendations with contact information to:
. Review of applications will begin as received and continue until position is filled.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.