Assists with coordination and management of registrar functions activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
• Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by Emory & Henry College.
• Responsible for maintenance of student registration records and classroom scheduling, and related reporting. Specifically responsible for management and delivery of WebAdvisor online registration service.
• Administers consistent application of federal, state and college academic policies and procedures that affect registration and academic record maintenance throughout the campus.
• Ensures the integrity of the College's academic record keeping.
• Assists with interpretation of registration management practices to the campus community.
• Directs the preparation and interpretation of enrollment reports, including submissions to the National Student Clearinghouse; responds to subpoenas and federal, state, and College investigations regarding student enrollment, in consultation with the registrar.
• Ensures compliance with National Collegiate Athletics Association and College regulations in determining the eligibility status of student athletes.
• Develops systems that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of registration services and the policies and practices for those registration services; monitors developments in technology and maintains technological systems to support registration and record keeping functions; assumes leadership in the development, implementation and supervision of student information systems campus-wide.
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with academic units and administrative offices to interface existing technologies and maximize student service potential.
• Assists with daily operations of the office to include maintenance of student enrollment records and transcripts, organization of registration procedures, scheduling classes and supervising preparation of course schedules, evaluating transfer credits, and administering awarding of advanced placement credits, in consultation with the registrar.
• Primarily responsible for preparation of the schedule of classes for the course master. Enters and maintains all course and section information in Colleague, and provides information to the college community. Reviews course scheduling practices on an ongoing basis to ensure efficient use of class day and academic facilities.
• Refers students' requests for changes to permanent record to faculty committee and/or Dean of Faculty's Office as appropriate.
• Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assists registrar in managing the CSA representatives, particularly where cross-training is concerned.
• Ability to make decisions independently and work with minimal supervision.
• Must be a quick learner in a fast-paced office environment.
• Familiarity with modern office practices and procedures, including client-server computer systems and software, personal computers, related office software (Microsoft Office Suite, for example, and other information technology.
• Ability to manage and maintain complex database systems efficiently, and to extract information to create reports from database systems.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively relate to all levels of employees and external contacts.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of higher education experience required, including 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity, preferably in an enrollment or records setting.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and administrative skills are essential.
• Knowledge of student information systems, preferably Ellucian-Colleague.
• Ability to occasional work evening hours and weekends.
• Familiar with Registrar best practices related to degree auditing and other records and registration policies and procedures.
Please send a letter of application, current resume, and a list of three recommendations with contact information to: