Requirements for Admission
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- Completed a minimum of 50 observation hours with a Licensed/Certified Athletic Trainer
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation with a least one coming from a Certified Athletic Trainer
- GRE (quantitative, verbal and analytical writing) Our GRE code = 2231
- 500-word essay
- On-site interview
Centralized Application Now Open:
Required Prerequisite Coursework
- Nutrition (2-3 credit hours)
- Exercise Physiology (3-4 credit hours)
- Kinesiology/Biomechanics (3-4 credit hours)
- General Biology with lab component (4 credit hours)
- Statistics (3-4 credit hours)
- Chemistry with lab component (4 credit hours)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology with lab component (8 credit hours)
- Psychology (3 credit hours)
- Physics with lab component (4 credit hours)
- Introduction to Healthcare Professional (1 credit hour)
- Medical Terminology (2-3 credit hours)
Tuition & Fees
- The 2017-2018 tuition rate is calculated at $600 per credit hour.
- Tuition : $20,400.00 annually; $40,800 for the total program.
- *This tuition rate is for students entering the MSAT program in Summer 2018. Tuition rates for future cohorts may be subject to change; however, a cohort's tuition rate will remain the same for the entirety of their program.
- Student Activity Fee (SGA): $100/semester or $300/year
- ExamSoft Fee: $60 annually
- Technology Fee: $125/semester or $375/year
- Graduation Fee: $200 (paid during final semester)
- Textbooks & Course Materials: $1,00.00 (this cost is for all 6 semesters and only an estimate). Textbooks can be purchased through numerous websites or from the Emory & Henry College bookstore.
- Personal Laptop Computer (required): ~$800.00. The price of computers varies widely and depends on model and configuration.
- Equipment Costs (required): $100.00.
- Blue Scrubs (required) and Long Lab Coat (highly recommended for anatomy labs): $50.00 (all students must have and wear blue colored scrubs and it is recommended that a long lab coat is worn while in the cadaver lab).
- Background Check and Drug Screen: $69.00. The program has made arrangements to have this completed through Viewpoint Screening. Additional information will be given once you have been accepted into the program. Some clinical sites may also require separate and more specific background checks and drug screenings.
- American Heart Association (AHA) CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers Training. Cost varies but can be as low as $8.00 for skills training + $16.00 for the textbook. If students do not have certification prior to starting the program, opportunities will be given to obtain certification through Emory & Henry College. Certificate lasts for 2 years and students must maintain certification throughout the program's duration.
- Health Insurance (required): $1844.00 annually - subject to change annually (Student health insurance is required of all full-time students at Emory & Henry College. The College, via the Institutions of Higher Education Consortium Trust, is able to offer all full-time students a competitively priced health insurance plan, underwritten by United Healthcare Insurance Company. Click here to see the 2016-2017 Emory & Henry College Student Health Insurance Plan Brochure. Unless an annual waiver is completed, all students are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance at a present cost of $1844.00 for the 2016-2017 year. Students who need health insurance can enroll online at www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC or call (877) 220-1790. Alternatively, students may also check for more competitive rates via the federal government's official ACA website - www.healthcare.gov (you may be eligible to enroll out of the typical enrollment period) - or the healthcare.org general health insurance marketplace website. Students who do not need health insurance must complete the online waiver annually at www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC.
- Student Professional Liability Insurance: Two-Year policy ~ $75.00 (Discount available for NATA members)
- NATA Membership (highly recommended prior to matriculation): Varies by state.
- Clothing Expenses: The SHS graduate programs require students adhere to a business casual dress code on days when not in lab experiences or with guest lecturers. This may require the purchase of additional clothing to accommodate the dress code requirement. Clothing expenses can vary greatly depending on individual student needs and choices. An Emory & Henry College AT polo shirt ($30.00) is required for all students. Information about the polo shirt and sizing options will be sent to the student with their textbook list.
- Living and other expenses: In addition to the above, students can expect additional costs for room and board, miscellaneous school supplies, etc. Living expenses can vary greatly depending on individual student choices.
The Athletic Training Program may accept up to 9 credit hours of program-specific courses that will be considered on a case by case basis. The coursework must have been completed at a regionally accredited institution and also from a program currently accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Athletic Training Education (CAATE) and taken within the 2 years prior to requesting consideration for transfer. The courses will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee of the program, including a faculty member with knowledge/expertise in the content area of the course being considered to determine equivalency to the program.
- In order to consider transfer credit to the Athletic Training Program, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- An applicant cannot have been dismissed by another program secondary to not meeting academic or professional standards.
- An applicant seeking transfer to this program must meet the minimal standard requirements for acceptance into the program.