Tuition & Fees
Program Admission Acceptance Deposit: $1,000.00 ($800.00 will be applied to your tuition). See below for information on how to make your deposit payment
Program Per-Semester Tuition (there are no additional lab or course fees): $11,000.00*. Total tuition for year one of the DPT program (3 semesters) is $33,000.00. Total tuition for year two of the DPT program (3 semesters) is $33,000.00. Total tuition for year three of the DPT program (3 semesters) is 33,000.00. Total tuition for the entire 3-year DPT program (all 9 semesters combined) is $99,000.00*
General College Fees: $200.00 (includes $200.00 graduation fee).
*This tuition rate is for students entering the DPT program in Fall 2016. Tuition rates for future cohorts may be subject to change; however, a cohort's tuition rate will remain the same for the entirety of their 3-year (9 semesters) program.
Estimated Indirect Costs
- Textbooks: $3,000.00 (this cost is for all 9 semesters and only an estimate). Textbooks can be purchased through numerous websites or in bundles from the Emory & Henry College bookstore.
- Personal Laptop Computer (required): $800.00. The price of computers varies widely and depends on model and configuration. Click here to see the E&H DPT Program Minimum Required Computer Specs.
- Lab Equipment Costs (required): $79.00. DPT students will be required to have a stethoscope, BP cuff, set of 3 goniometers and 2 boxes of nitrile gloves (blue) for anatomy.
- Blue Scrubs (required) and Long Lab Coat (highly recommended for anatomy labs): $50.00 (all students must have and wear blue colored scrubs and it is recommended that a long lab coat is worn while in the cadaver lab).
- Background Check and Drug Screen (background checks are required prior to matriculation and drug screenings must be completed prior to first clinical rotation – additional back ground checks and drug screenings may be required one month prior to clinical phase of training): $69.00. The program has made arrangements to have this completed through Viewpoint Screening. Additional information will be given once you have been accepted into the program. Some clinical sites may also require separate and more specific background checks and drug screenings.
- American Heart Association (AHA) CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers Training. Cost varies but can be as low as $8.00 for skills training + $16.00 for textbook. If students do not have certification prior to starting the program, opportunities will be given to obtain certification through Emory & Henry College. Certificate lasts for 2 years and students must maintain certification throughout the program's duration.
- Health Insurance (required): $1844.00 annually - subject to change annually (Student health insurance is required of all full-time students at Emory & Henry College. The College, via the Institutions of Higher Education Consortium Trust, is able to offer all full-time students a competitively priced health insurance plan, underwritten by United Healthcare Insurance Company. Click here to see the 2016-2017 Emory & Henry College Student Health Insurance Plan Brochure. Unless an annual waiver is completed, all students are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance at a present cost of $1844.00 for the 2016-2017 year. Students who need health insurance can enroll online at www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC or call (877) 220-1790. Students who do not need health insurance must complete the online waiver annually at www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC.
- APTA Membership (highly recommended prior to matriculation): Yearly student fee of $90.00. Students will be sent information about the APTA with their textbook list.
- Clothing Expenses: The SHS graduate programs require students adhere to a business casual dress code on days when not in lab experiences or with guest lecturers. This may require the purchase of additional clothing to accommodate the dress code requirement. Click here to read our Policy for Attire and Professional Presentation. Clothing expenses can vary greatly depending on individual student needs and choices. An Emory & Henry College DPT polo shirt ($30.00) is required for all students. Information about the polo shirt and sizing options will be sent to the student with their textbook list.
- Living and other expenses: In addition to the above, students can expect additional costs for room and board, miscellaneous school supplies, etc. Living expenses can vary greatly depending on individual student choices.
How to Submit Your Deposit Payment
Admission Offer Acceptance Deposit: Candidates invited to join the program need to remit a $1,000.00 deposit to hold their seat. $800.00 of the deposit will be applied towards program tuition.
Deposit must be submitted within two weeks of formal admissions offer.
Accepted candidates can pay their deposit via check, money order, or credit card.
For payment by check or money order, mail a check or money order to Emory & Henry College at: Emory & Henry College Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 947, Emory, VA 24327. Please make sure to include your specific PTCAS application number on the check or money order.
For payment by credit/debit card, call our Centralized Student Assistance (CSA) office: 866-794-0010. Please make sure to provide your specific PTCAS application number when calling in your payment.
Financial Aid is available for those students who complete the FAFSA form annually.
For More Information
For more information about the program or the admissions process, contact Tracie Rinehardt, Coordinator of Admissions for the E&H School of Health Sciences at (276) 944-6791 or .