Health Focus of SWVA Requirements Snapshot
- Your GPA must be 2.75 or better before being considered.
- Failure to complete any and all questions will be automatically considered incomplete. Answer all questions with ‘N/A’
- You MUST be accepted into a medical program before you are eligible for a scholarship.
- You DO NOT qualify for a scholarship if you are taking any prerequisite courses (example: Pre-Nursing, Pre-OT).
Read and answer every question. Please, write 'N/A' for those items not applicable. NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED UNLESS ALL QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED AND ALL FACTS ARE DISCLOSED. This is an annual award and applicants must submit a new application form to Health Focus of Southwest Virginia each year. Also, note that this is a partial scholarship, to be applied to tuition, fees, book supplies and uniforms only. The recipient is responsible for determining if any portion of the scholarship is subject to income tax.
Your application for the 2015-16 academic year MUST BE POSTMARKED no later than May 15. Any application postmarked after this date will NOT be considered.
Please return to:
Health Focus of Southwest Virginia
1902 Braeburn Drive
Attn: Scholarship Committee
Salem, VA 24153
- Call 540-444-2925 Ext. 202
- or email
- Website: www.healthfocusswva.org
To be considered, Health Focus must receive a COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET postmarked by the deadline. A complete application packet consists of the following:
- Completed application form (Pages 1-3).
- Agreement (Page 4—must be signed by you and notarized).
- Confirmation by school administration (Page 5).
- A copy of your tax return – please refer to page 2 of application under 6.1 Income Taxes.
- Attach a copy of your school's estimated expenses distributed by your Financial Aid Officer (the most current available). THIS MUST BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
- Personal Summary. Completed on a SEPARATE 8-1/2 x 11” sheet of paper. This summary is very important. Make sure to include all pertinent details.
- Unofficial or official transcripts from the LAST TWO schools attended. Each transcript MUST have student and school name on it. Make sure you have every school listed on page 2, number 4 under Educational Background.
- Check or money order for $25.00 processing fee made payable to Health Focus of Southwest Virginia. There will be no refunds if you are not awarded a scholarship.