About our Advisory Committee
With the help of our Advisory Committee we are committed to developing and implementing a program that will rank among the top programs in the country!
The E&H Department of Physician Assistant Studies (DPAS) Program Advisory Committee is charged with the following missions:
- Review and make recommendations concerning Program specific mission statement, goals, objectives and outcomes
- Review and make recommendations concerning Program curriculum, policies and procedures
- Review and make recommendations concerning relevant written and online materials
- Review and make recommendations concerning civic engagement/community service activities
The advisory committee will meet no less than once every three months during the Program development stage and then on a twice yearly basis after Program is implemented.
Duration of Service
Advisory Committee members will initially be asked to serve three year terms. Future terms of service and implementation of staggered rotations of service will be determined at a later date as deemed appropriate by the Committee.
Members shall consist of:
- Local and regional directors of medical facilities, departments, and practices
- Community members
- Emory & Henry College faculty and staff members
- Emory & Henry College alumni & students
Members will be appointed by the Dean of the School of Health Sciences in collaboration with the Chair of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies. The Chairperson for the Department of Physician Assistant Studies will chair the committee meetings.
- Michael Armbrister, MS: Executive Director, Mel Leaman Free Clinic at Emory & Henry College
- Emily Crutchfield: Pre-Health Student, Emory & Henry College
- Rebecca Ewald, MSN, CPNP: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Royal Oak Pediatrics, Marion, VA
- Amanda Fleenor, PA-C, MPAS: Family Medicine PA, Mel Leaman Free Clinic at Emory & Henry College
- Tony Graham, MD: Medical Director/Psychiatrist, Mount Rogers Community Services Board
- Brenna Hinchey, MSN, APRN, FNP-C: Family Nurse Practitioner, Abingdon Family Practice, Abingdon, VA; Emory & Henry College Alum
- Harry Howe, MDiv, MPAS, PA-C, NREMT-P: Executive Director, Project Crossroads, Marion, VA; Family Medicine PA, Mel Leaman Free Clinic at Emory & Henry College
- Wythe Hull: Retired Civil Engineer, Abingdon, VA
- Jennifer McKee Jolliffe, BA: Benefits Specialists II, Washington County Social Services; Lions International 24-F Sight and Hearing Unit Chair; Emory & Henry College Alum
- Joe Lane, PhD: Chair, Department of Politics, Law & International Relations, Director of College Honors Program, Emory & Henry College
- Cathy Loving Maine, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC: Chief Nursing Officer, Associate Administrator, Smyth County Community Hospital
- Xavier Marshall: Pre-Health Student, Emory & Henry College
- Alvin McCuiston, PA-C, MPAS: Family Medicine PA, Director of Medical Operations, Southwestern Virginia Community Health Services
- Kristina K. Morris, MA: Unit Coordinator, Southwest Virginia Medical Reserve Corps; Emory & Henry College Alum
- Travis Proffitt, MA: Associate Director, Appalachian Center for Civic Life, Emory & Henry College
- Jaime Roy, PA-C, MPAS: Family Medicine PA, Transylvania Regional Hospital, Mission Health; Emory & Henry College Alum
- Sierra Smith: Pre-Health Student, Emory & Henry College