Links to resources useful to teachers and student teachers:
Academic assessments and testing:
- The GRE (Graduate Record Exam) - download the GRE Information Bulletin, register online, get lists of test centers and score recipients, learn what you need to bring with you on test day for identification, find study materials, and learn about tests.
- Praxis I and II - information, study guides, registration booklets, on-line registration, etc. Also information on Admission Ticket corrections, refunds, and registration changes. You can register on line or download a mail-in registration form. Pencil and paper Praxis assessments (I and II) are given at EHC on selected scheduled test dates. Praxis I and some Praxis II tests may be taken on computer at test sites listed on the web page.
- Para-Pro for Teacher's Aides - with links to information, study guides, and registration.The pencil-and-paper Para-Pro is given at EHC on selected scheduled dates. Check the website for the availability of computer testing.
- Virginia Praxis requirements - including tests required for each certification and minimum scores required for passing.
- The Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE) - information, study guides, on-line registration. This test is required for all persons seeking licensure in Virginia in Early/Primary preK-3, Elementary preK-6, Special Education (ED, LD, MR, hearing impairments, and visual impairments) and all persons seeking endorsement as a Reading Specialist.
- The Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA) - This test is required for initial licensure for all students graduating from approved programs. The EHC paper-based testing site is The Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center at exit 14 on I-81, and test dates are listed on the NES website. A computer-based version is also available at testing centers in the area. Information on registration is available on the VCLA web page.
- Acceptance of Virginia teaching license in other states: Interstate Agreement is a web site administered by the The National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC). This helps you to see where your Virginia license will be accepted.
- Accreditation by Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC): TEAC accreditation is national recognition for our program and assists our graduates with certification in Virginia as well as other states.
School District web pages: These webpages will have calendar and school information. Note also that most school district web pages have sections that announce open positions on staff or in the classroom. These listings can be helpful in your job search. School districts not listed here will have links from the VDOE webpage.