Exit interview for students completing the Professional Semester:
Exit interviews begin at 9:00 a.m. in the Neff Education Center in McGlothlin-Street Hall. The date (usually the first reading day the week of semester exams) will be announced in the Monday seminar meetings near the end of each semester.
Schedule for Exit Interview day
You must be present when interviews begin and stay until you have completed all parts of the interview. Ordinary student dress is fine. Interviews are usually finished by noon.As you arrive, you will select a faculty member who will conduct your exit interview. These 10-15 minute interviews will take place after your group meeting has ended.After you have signed up for your exit interview, the paperwork completion session will include:
- turning in your student teaching/observation hours
- turning in copies of your VCLA and RVE score reports. These copies go to VDOE with your Application for Virginia License.
- read, complete, and return the Exit Review Memorandum.The purpose of this document is to make sure that we have good contact information for you and know your status with regard to completion of required assessments (Praxis II, VCLA, and RVE). It contains a statement you must sign that says you understand the content of the memorandum, so read it carefully.
- completing your Application for a Virginia License.
- completing various course and program evaluation sheets. Your comments on these evaluations are useful to us in making decisions about program development and improvement.
When your paperwork is complete, you take your program evaluation and go to meet individually for your exit interview in the professor's office.
What to do after the Exit Interview and until you receive your Virginia Licensure:
We will notify you by email and telephone using the contacts you provide at the exit interview if your folder is incomplete in any way. Let us know if your email address or telephone number changes before you receive your Virginia teaching license. Please stay in touch with the Neff Education Center after graduation and call us if you have questions or concerns. Please keep the Neff Education Center informed about your current teaching position. Please send your updates to Laree Hinshelwood,