The Read&Write family of literacy software makes the web, documents and files more accessible - any time, any place, and on any platform or device. It's great for people with dyslexia and other learning difficulties, or anyone whose first language isn't English.
From reading on-screen text aloud to researching and checking written work, Read&Write makes lots of everyday tasks easier. It’s a big confidence booster for anyone who needs a little extra help with their reading and writing, at school or in the workplace.
Mac Download Instructions:
NOTE: When clicking the links below to obtain the software, you will be prompted to enter your credentials for access to the files — they’re password protected. Enter you Emory & Henry College campus network credentials to gain access. For example, the user would enter "phenry" only for user name, then the password associated with that account.
Having issues? Contact Scott Kitts for assistance.
Window / PC Download Instructions:
- Download and unzip the folder Read & Write Gold for Mac to your desktop from the link provided.
- When prompted for download, select “Download anyway”.
- Once downloaded, copy the Read and Write Gold application to your application folder.
- Click on Read and Write Gold to start the application.
- Make sure Radio button beside, “I accept the license agreement” has a dot. If not, click the radio button to place the dot inside the button.
- Click, “Ok”.
- On activation screen, click “Activate”. You do not have to enter a serial number. Software should now be activated.
- Copy and Extract the Setup.zip file
- Run the Setup.exe file on your home computer The software should begin to install.
- Once the installation process is complete, instruct them to run the Read&Write Software via the desktop or programs shortcut.
- Read & Write will start and the student will be asked to activate. No number needs to be entered, just click Activate.
- The activation process should complete and the Read&Write software should be available on your computer.
We’re Here to Help!
Having issues getting the software installed? Contact Scott Kitts for assistance.