The Read&Write family of literacy software makes the web, documents and files more accessible - any time, any place, and on any platform or device. It's great for people with dyslexia and other learning difficulties, or anyone whose first language isn't English.
From reading on-screen text aloud to researching and checking written work, Read&Write makes lots of everyday tasks easier. It’s a big confidence booster for anyone who needs a little extra help with their reading and writing, at school or in the workplace.
Mac Download Instructions:
NOTE: When clicking the links below to obtain the software, you will be prompted to enter your credentials for access to the files — they’re password protected. Enter you Emory & Henry College campus network credentials to gain access. For example, the user would enter "phenry" only for user name, then the password associated with that account.
Having issues? Contact Scott Kitts for assistance.
Window / PC Download Instructions:
- Download and unzip the folder Read & Write Gold for Mac to your desktop from the links provided.
- Copy the folders, “Read & Write Gold for Mac” and “RWscan” to the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Once the folders have been copied, open the “Read & Write Gold for Mac” folder and click on the Read & Write Gold for Mac file to start Read & Write Gold.
- You will see a Read & Write Activation Screen and be prompted to enter activation details. You DON’T have to enter anything. Simply click the Activate button.
- Read & Write Gold will now run. Once Read & Write Gold for Mac has been activated, it does not need to be activated again for the current user.
- Copy and Extract the Setup.zip file
- Run the Setup.exe file on your home computer The software should begin to install.
- Once the installation process is complete, instruct them to run the Read&Write Software via the desktop or programs shortcut.
- Read & Write will start and the student will be asked to activate. No number needs to be entered, just click Activate.
- The activation process should complete and the Read&Write software should be available on your computer.
We’re Here to Help!
Having issues getting the software installed? Contact Scott Kitts for assistance.