Library and Information Technology Services
Departmental Vision and Mission Statements
Library and Information Technology Department Vision Statement:
Our vision is to provide life-long learning and information access, and to facilitate independent study and self-directed, interactive, and collaborative learning. We foster academic excellence through the acquisition and management of information resources and the effective use of new technologies.
Library and Information Technology Department Mission Statement:
The Emory & Henry College’s Library and Information Technology Services Department combines the traditional values of a liberal arts education with the realities of modern technology.
The Frederick T. Kelly Library fosters the pursuit of knowledge, intellectual and ethical integrity, excellence in teaching and learning, respect for inquiry and diverse points of view, and dedication to service. The Library staff supports the College’s educational mission by:
- supplying the tools that provide access to information resources
- teaching library research skills and the critical evaluation and synthesis of information
- developing, organizing and maintaining a collection of resources supporting the curriculum of the College, intellectual freedom, and cultural exploration
- serving as knowledge managers
- participating in cooperative library initiatives in support of the information needs of the broader community.
The mission of IT services is to provide integrated technology support for the College’s educational, administrative and student services. The IT services staff will identify and integrate new technologies in support of the College’s mission. The instructional technology staff will provide leadership and educational opportunities in the use of classroom technology.