To apply to Emory & Henry as a transfer student, please submit the following:
A completed transfer application for admission.
At Emory & Henry College students are challenged to communicate effectively through written word. Select an essay prompt below that you feel will show your ability to write a clear and concise essay that tells us your story outside of the classroom. Please keep your writing to a maximum of 650 words. You may use the space provided in the application form, or upload your essay in the requirements section.
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a problem you've solved—or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma—anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Discus an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
Official College Transcript(s)
Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended. (Students with fewer than 26 semester hours of college credit at time of application to E&H must submit high school transcripts plus SAT or ACT test scores).
Transcript Request Form (High School transcripts)
Transcript Request Form(College transcripts)
Mail your transcripts to:
Emory & Henry College
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 947
Emory, VA 24327
- A completed Dean's Certificate for Transfer Students from the Dean of Students or corresponding official of the last college attended by the applicant.
- The Admissions Committee may request other data such as college entrance test scores and high school transcripts.
Financial Aid for Transfer Students
Emory & Henry awards merit–based scholarships to transfer students based on the cumulative college GPA. Need-based grants are available and are determined once a student submits the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Learn More about Financial Aid, Scholarships, & Grants
Students transferring from the Virginia Community College System can use the Transfer Guide to compare VCCS credits with E&H courses.
Transferring to E&H?
Here are a few more things to remember:
Send us your official final transcript
Your final admission depends on satisfactory completion of your semester program of studies. You need to submit an official copy of your final semester transcript from each college or university you’ve attended since you finished high school.
Maintain a good conduct record:
Final acceptance to Emory & Henry College is also contingent upon maintaining a good conduct record. You need to let us know immediately, in writing, if any of the following occur at any time before or after your admission:
Failure to do so will be grounds to withdraw your admission or to dismiss you after enrollment.
- Any criminal conviction
- Any school, college or university disciplinary or honor code action against you
- Any type of military discharge other than an honorable discharge
We’re Here to Help!
Director of Transfer and Graduate Admissions