To apply to Emory & Henry as a transfer student, please submit the following:
- A completed application for admission.
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended. (Students with fewer than 26 semester hours of college credit at time of application to E&H must submit high school transcripts plus SAT or ACT test scores).
Download Transcript Request Form.
- A completed Dean's Certificate for Transfer Students from the Dean of Students or corresponding official of the last college attended by the applicant.
- The Admissions Committee may request other data such as college entrance test scores and high school transcripts.
Financial Aid for Transfer Students
Emory & Henry awards merit–based scholarships to transfer students based on the cumulative college GPA. Need-based grants are available and are determined once a student submits the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Learn More about Financial Aid, Scholarships, & Grants
Students transferring from the Virginia Community College System can use the Transfer Guide to compare VCCS credits with E&H courses.
Transferring to E&H?
Here are a few more things to remember:
Send us your official final transcript
Your final admission depends on satisfactory completion of your semester program of studies. You need to submit an official copy of your final semester transcript from each college or university you’ve attended since you finished high school.
Maintain a good conduct record:
Final acceptance to Emory & Henry College is also contingent upon maintaining a good conduct record. You need to let us know immediately, in writing, if any of the following occur at any time before or after your admission:
Failure to do so will be grounds to withdraw your admission or to dismiss you after enrollment.
- Any criminal charge
- Any school, college or university disciplinary or honor code action against you
- Any type of military discharge other than an honorable discharge