Transfer & Withdrawals

It is important for students that transfer out of Emory & Henry or withdrawal from the College to understand that lenders expect payments to begin six months after the last date of attendance at Emory & Henry College.

Students that continue at least half-time in a degree program should apply for an in-school deferment through the lender. This process involves taking the lender-provided deferment form to the Registrar's Office of the new institution. Be sure to complete the portion releasing the new institution to provide enrollment information as well as providing the name and address of the lender in the appropriate place on the form. Their office will certify enrollment and forward the form to the lender.

It is important to follow up with the lender two to three weeks after the beginning of the term to be sure they have received the deferment form. This step may need to be completed more than once before a student finishes his or her education. Do not ignore communications from lenders regarding payments.

Be proactive!

Aid at Emory & Henry College does not transfer to another institution. Students must re-file the FAFSA including the new institution's Title IV code and work with the new Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.

Any undisbursed aid at Emory & Henry College will be cancelled when the E&H Financial Aid Office is notified by the Dean of Students Office that a student has completed formal withdrawal procedures, or non-enrollment is confirmed at the beginning of the next term. To speed the process, complete proper exiting procedure through the Dean of Students Office.

Students leaving the College should complete exit loan counseling (Stafford and Perkins, if applicable) to prevent loans becoming delinquent or in default. Students are urged to stay in contact with lenders concerning changes in address and employment.

Failure to repay student loans adversely affects credit ratings, making it difficult to obtain a mortgage or car loan in the future.