Built in February of 2006, the E&H triangular climbing tower rises 40 ft. into the air. It is surrounded by a serene meadow, borded by the Emory woods, and rigged for excitement and clinical instruction.
The 40-foot vertical climbing surface offers a variety of challenging climbs (ranging from 5.6 to 5.10 plus) and one 3-foot overhang. Two independent climbers may be belayed simultaneously, and one face of the tower is permanently set up for rappelling and ascending, a feature that has proved invaluable for the Program’s vertical caving team.
The tower is an essential tool for ropes instruction, allowing for a thorough clinical instruction within a convenient, controlled environment.
For first-timers or seasoned climbers, the tower provides an excellent opportunity for participants to gain comfort and competency with gear and climbing practices and techniques. Climb on!
1. Everyone must complete and sign a Hold Harmless/Medical Form to
2. Participants 17 years of age and younger must have their Hold
Harmless/Medical form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
3. All personal equipment will be subject to approval by the EHOP staff.
4. No personal carabineers, ropes, or quickdraws may be used at the Tower for
5. All belayers must be approved to belay by the EHOP staff.
6. All belayers must be at least 14 years of age, unless participating in an
7. Only belay devices designed and intended for belaying may be used to
8. All participants will be subject to monitoring by the EHOP Staff in
regards to safe climbing/bouldering and belaying practices.
9. Violation of any safety rule can result in the loss of climbing or
belaying privileges; violations may be noted and attached to a personal file to
10. All climbers must wear closed toed, non-marking shoes to climb on the
Tower; no barefoot climbing or sandals of any type.
11. All participants 17 years of age and younger must wear a helmet and may
not waive the right.
12. Only UIAA climbing helmets are allowed. No bike, skateboard, or
rollerblade helmets may be used.
13. Anytime a climber under 18 years of age is inside the climbing zone,
he/she must have a helmet on an attached properly.
14. No one may tie into the back of his/her harness
15. No one may boulder on the Tower if climbers are on rope.
ANYONE WHO TAMPERS WITH THE TOWER OR ATTEMPTS TO CLIMB THE TOWER BEYOND THE
HOURS OF OPERATION MAY LOSE TOWER AND OUTDOOR PROGRAM PRIVILEGES INDEFINATELY!