Wiley Jackson Hall is the largest Emory & Henry residence hall. Built in 1958, the building carries the name of a successful Roanoke, Va., businessman who provided scholarships for numerous Emory & Henry students. Once an all-woman's hall, Wiley-Jackson was remodeled in 2009 and became the co-ed hall for first-year students. Originally known on campus as Martha Washington, the building is, even today, called MaWa by its residents.
Stuart Hall is a residence hall named for an 1874 graduate of the College, Henry Carter Stuart, who became governor of Virginia. At the time of its 1909 construction, Stuart Hall was considered something of a marvel in the region as it was the first building in this part of Virginia to have central steam heat. Today, the building continues to serve as a residence hall.