2016-2017 Tuition & Fees
Tuition per semester is $16,750 and $33,500 annually. The average room cost for the academic year is $6,000 and average board cost is $5,200*, which includes 19 meals per week plus $280 in FlexDollars and $280 in OneCard cash.
*Total direct charges may vary based on selected meal plan, residence, and if student needs health insurance.
Tuition, room, and board charges are typically posted by March 1 of each year for the following year. Fees other than tuition, room, and board typically are not revised until April 1 of the preceding year; therefore, the miscellaneous fee amounts posted may change.
2016-2017 Student Charges, Tuition, and Fees
Direct Charges for new Full–time Resident Students for the 2016-17 Academic Year
- Tuition: $33,500 per year ($16,750 per semester / 12-18 credit hours / entering 2016-17 first-year and transfer students**)
- Room*(Avg.) : $6,000 per year ($3,000 per semester)
- Board*(Avg.): $5,200 per year ($2,600 per semester, 19 meals per week plus $280 in FlexDollars and $280 in OneCard cash)
- Student Activity Fee: $200 per year ($100 per semester)
- TOTAL: $44,900 per year ($22,450 per semester, based on averages)
Total direct charges may vary based on selected meal plan, residence, and if student needs health insurance***
. See additional options below. **
Tuition rates are fixed for each entering class cohort group ***
Students must waive or enroll in the health insurance plan by September 1. To complete a waiver or to enroll go to www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC
Current returning students tuition costs are fixed and available per enrollment year on the Current Students page
Housing (Room) options — Annual
All rooms include High Speed Wireless Internet (WiFi) & LAN ethernet jack(s), laundry, basic Cable. Check each residence hall's page for amenities and additional information.
Meal Plan (Board) options — Annual
- 19 Meals per week plus $280 Flex Dollars and $280 OneCard Cash: $5,450 per year (default meal plan)
- 14 Meals per week plus $330 Flex Dollars and $330 OneCard Cash : $5,220 per year
- *10 Meals per week plus $200 Flex Dollars, $200 OneCard Cash & $120 small swipes: $4,730 per year
- ** 5 Meals per week plus $230 Flex Dollars and $230 OneCard Cash, 10 Bonus Meals: $1,720 per year
- Daily meal rates are available.
- Additional OneCard Cash can be purchased through the CSA Office with a check or cash payment.
Available to Juniors and Seniors only.**
Available to Commuter Students only.
Flex Dollars may be used at Sodexo venues (the dining hall, the Hut - WOW Café, Hometown Express, & Simply To Go). OneCard Cash may be used at Macado’s, Emory & Henry’s bookstore (the Merc), and Sodexo venues. Both plans are included on one E&H
Tuition for Part–time Students
For students taking less than 12 credit hours per semester
- Tuition per semester credit hour: $1,250
- Student Activity Fee: $100 per year ($50 per semester / less than 12 credit hours)
Tuition for part–time non-degree seeking students
For students who are not seeking a degree, certificate, or endorsement. Limit one course per semester
- Tuition per semester: $990
- Course Overload fee: $1,250 per credit hour after 18 credit hours, for students taking above 18.0 semester hours
Fractional courses are charged prorated tuition; take the designated fraction of credit and multiply by $1,250
- Course Audit Fee (requires approval): $125 per credit hour (limit 2 per semester)
- Community Club Audit Fee: $60
- Dual Enrollment Program: TBA
Graduate Tuition Rates — Main Campus
Graduate Tuition Rates — Marion Campus
*Tuition rates for future cohorts may be subject to change; however, the 2016-2017 tuition rates above will remain the same for the duration of the programs for the cohort entering in August 2016.
- Graduation: $200 (senior year)
- Automobile Registration: $125 (annually)
- Enrollment Deposit (for new students only): $200
- Room Reservation Fee (returning students): $100
- Orientation Fee (for new students only): $50
Course Program Fees (based on individual course of study)
- Supervised Teaching (all teacher prep programs): $560
- Education Practicum: $100
- Applied Music Fee (private lesson) per course: $440
- Outdoor Program Membership (annual fee): $100
- Kayaking, Rock Climbing and Backpacking (per course): $60
- *Boarding Fee (fall & spring semesters): $2,500 per semester
- Maintenance Course Fee: $100 per credit hour
- Mounted Course Fee:
- $475 - 1 credit course
- $725 - 2 credit course
- Equine Workshops: TBA (1 credit)
- *Boarding Fee does not include vet or farrier expense
- Study Abroad Fee (Third-Party programs): $2,000 per semester
(personal expenses & travel costs are additional)
- Study Abroad (short term): All travel related expenses
Late Fees & Replacement Fees
- Late Payment Fee: $500
- Diploma Reorder: $50
- Late Graduation Contract: $125
- Returned Check: $30
- I.D. Replacement: $50
PPACA–Compliant Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance is required of all full-time undergraduate students, including athletes, at Emory & Henry College. Therefore, all students are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance unless an electronic waiver is completed. Students who need health insurance can enroll online at www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC or call (877) 220-1790. Students who do not need health insurance must complete the online waiver annually at www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC or the annual student health insurance charge of $1844 will remain on their account.
Student accounts may be accessed through the student's WebAdvisor account. Additional information is available at ehc.edu/current-students in the CSA Resources section.
Note: These costs are subject to change during the school year.
Emory & Henry reserves the right to modify charges at any time.