2017-2018 Tuition & Fees
Tuition per semester is $17,250 and $34,500** annually for new, incoming first-year and transfer students. The average room cost for the academic year is $6,200 and average board cost is $5,620*, which includes 19 meals per week plus $280 in FlexDollars and $280 in OneCard cash.
*Total direct charges may vary based on selected meal plan, residence, and if student needs health insurance.
** Tuition rates are fixed (tuition freeze) for each entering class cohort group. This price represents tuition cost for New First-Year or Transfer students, and does not reflect tuition cost for Returning, Graduate, and Summer tuition rates, which will be available soon from this page.
Tuition, room, and board charges are typically posted by March 1 of each year for the following year. Fees other than tuition, room, and board typically are not revised until April 1 of the preceding year; therefore, the miscellaneous fee amounts posted may change.
2016-2017 Student Charges, Tuition, and Fees
Cost of Attendance (COA)
The cost of attendance (COA) is divided into two categories — Direct Cost and Indirect Cost. Direct Costs are items charged directly by Emory & Henry College, such as tuition & fees, room, and board. Indirect Costs are items such as books, supplies, transportation and other miscellaneous necessities.
Direct Charges for new Full–time Resident Students for the 2016-17 Academic Year
- Tuition: $33,500 per year ($16,750 per semester / 12-18 credit hours / entering 2016-17 first-year and transfer students**)
- Room*(Avg.) : $6,000 per year ($3,000 per semester)
- Board*(Avg.): $5,200 per year ($2,600 per semester, 19 meals per week plus $280 in FlexDollars and $280 in OneCard cash)
- Student Activity Fee: $200 per year ($100 per semester)
- TOTAL: $44,900 per year ($22,450 per semester, based on averages)
Total direct charges may vary based on selected meal plan, residence, and if student needs health insurance***
. See additional options below. **
Tuition rates are fixed for each entering class cohort group ***
Students must waive or enroll in the health insurance plan by September 1. To complete a waiver or to enroll go to www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC
Current returning students tuition costs are fixed and available per enrollment year on the Current Students page
Housing (Room) options — Annual
All rooms include High Speed Wireless Internet (WiFi) & LAN ethernet jack(s), laundry, basic Cable. Check each residence hall's page for amenities and additional information.
Meal Plan (Board) options — Annual
- 19 Meals per week plus $280 Flex Dollars and $280 OneCard Cash: $5,450 per year (default meal plan)
- 14 Meals per week plus $330 Flex Dollars and $330 OneCard Cash : $5,220 per year
- *10 Meals per week plus $200 Flex Dollars, $200 OneCard Cash & $120 small swipes: $4,730 per year
- ** 5 Meals per week plus $230 Flex Dollars and $230 OneCard Cash, 10 Bonus Meals: $1,720 per year
- Daily meal rates are available.
- Additional OneCard Cash can be purchased through the CSA Office with a check or cash payment.
Available to Juniors and Seniors only.**
Available to Commuter Students only.
Flex Dollars may be used at Sodexo venues (the dining hall, the Hut - WOW Café, Hometown Express, & Simply To Go). OneCard Cash may be used at Macado’s, Emory & Henry’s bookstore (the Merc), and Sodexo venues. Both plans are included on one E&H
Tuition for Part–time Students
For students taking less than 12 credit hours per semester
- Tuition per semester credit hour: $1,250
- Student Activity Fee: $100 per year ($50 per semester / less than 12 credit hours)
Tuition for part–time non-degree seeking students
For students who are not seeking a degree, certificate, or endorsement. Limit one course per semester
- Tuition per semester: $990
- Course Overload fee: $1,250 per credit hour after 18 credit hours, for students taking above 18.0 semester hours
Fractional courses are charged prorated tuition; take the designated fraction of credit and multiply by $1,250
- Course Audit Fee (requires approval): $125 per credit hour (limit 2 per semester)
- Community Club Audit Fee: $60
- Dual Enrollment Program: TBA
Graduate Tuition Rates — Main Campus
Graduate Tuition Rates — Marion Campus
*Tuition rates for future cohorts may be subject to change; however, the 2016-2017 tuition rates above will remain the same for the duration of the programs for the cohort entering in August 2016.
- Graduation: $200 (senior year)
- Automobile Registration: $125 (annually)
- Enrollment Deposit (for new students only): $200
- Room Reservation Fee (returning students): $100
- Orientation Fee (for new students only): $50
Course Program Fees (based on individual course of study)
- Supervised Teaching (all teacher prep programs): $560
- Education Practicum: $100
- Applied Music Fee (private lesson) per course: $440
- Outdoor Program Membership (annual fee): $100
- Kayaking, Rock Climbing and Backpacking (per course): $60
- *Boarding Fee (fall & spring semesters): $2,500 per semester
- Maintenance Course Fee: $100 per credit hour
- Mounted Course Fee:
- $475 - 1 credit course
- $725 - 2 credit course
- Equine Workshops: TBA (1 credit)
- *Boarding Fee does not include vet or farrier expense
- Study Abroad Fee (Third-Party programs): $2,000 per semester
(personal expenses & travel costs are additional)
- Study Abroad (short term): All travel related expenses
Late Fees & Replacement Fees
- Late Payment Fee: $500
- Diploma Reorder: $50
- Late Graduation Contract: $125
- Returned Check: $30
- I.D. Replacement: $50
PPACA–Compliant Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance is required of all full-time undergraduate students, including athletes, at Emory & Henry College. Therefore, all students are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance unless an electronic waiver is completed. Students who need health insurance can enroll online at www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC or call (877) 220-1790. Students who do not need health insurance must complete the online waiver annually at www.gallagherstudent.com/EHC or the annual student health insurance charge of $1844 will remain on their account.
Student accounts may be accessed through the student's WebAdvisor account. Additional information is available at ehc.edu/current-students in the CSA Resources section.
Note: These costs are subject to change during the school year.
Emory & Henry reserves the right to modify charges at any time.