Upperclass housing becomes open to E&H students during their sophomore year. This housing includes some of the campus’ most historic and modern halls.
Weaver Hall, one of the most historic and attractive residence halls on the E&H campus, provides comfortable accommodations for approximately 50 E&H Honors Program students. This elegant residence hall, which was built in 1902, with its first-floor arches and second-story porch, is named for Emory & Henry's 10th president, Charles C. Weaver (1910-1920).
Emory & Henry provides a few all-male residence halls that enable young men to bond and find community as they adjust to college life. Among them are Carriger Hall and Matthews Hall. Much of Carriger, including its large lounge, was renovated in 1994 and 1995. Behind Carriger Hall, and connected by a walkway, is Matthews Hall, a men's residence hall built in 1953 and named for alumnus William M. Matthews (Class of 1902).