Among Emory & Henry's co-ed housing is the College's most recently constructed building, Elm Hall. This three-story, 117-bed facility provides up-to-date accommodations in double-occupancy rooms, each of which has its own bathroom. It continues a trend at Emory & Henry toward high-quality living conditions that are compatible with the College's reputation for excellence and rigorous academic standards.
Weaver Hall, one of the most historic and attractive residence halls on the E&H campus, provides comfortable accommodations for approximately 50 E&H female students. This elegant residence hall, which was built in 1902, with its first-floor arches and second-story porch, is named for Emory & Henry's 10th president, Charles C. Weaver (1910-1920). Over the years, this and other all-women residence halls have been the backdrop for many strong friendships and memories for many E&H women.
Emory & Henry provides a few all-male residence halls that enable young men to bond and find community as they adjust to college life. Among them are Waterhouse-Carriger Hall and Matthews Hall. Much of Waterhouse-Carriger, including its large lounge, was renovated in 1994 and 1995. Behind Waterhouse-Carriger Hall, and connected by a walkway, is Matthews Hall, a men's residence hall built in 1953 and named for alumnus William M. Matthews (Class of 1902).