A special Emory & Henry athletic facility is Lynch Links, the College's executive-style golf course (currently eight holes). Lynch Links is available for use by students, faculty and staff at no cost, as well as the public for a suggested nominal fee. The course is named for Charles V. Lynch, Sr., a 1942 E&H graduate who funded its construction and provided an endowment for its maintenance. The course offers golfers of all skill levels the opportunities for playing a quick and enjoyable round of golf as well as practice play. The College plans to restore the course to nine-holes after construction of the adjacent McGlothlin Center for Arts and a secondary College entrance road are complete in 2015.