The tower is an essential tool for ropes instruction, allowing for a thorough clinical instruction within a convenient, controlled environment.
For first-timers or seasoned climbers, the tower provides an excellent opportunity for participants to gain comfort and competency with gear and climbing practices and techniques. Climb on!
The E&H outdoor program has exclusive access every Thursday night for kayak roll clinics in our heated pool. This is a great opportunity to learn the basics or expand your knowledge into the world of freestyle boating.
Students work one on one with ACA certified Kayaking instructors, and student leaders who have perfected the art of kayaking over their four years in the Outdoor Program. These clinics are your door into a much larger world of whitewater kayaking!
- Everyone must complete and sign a Hold Harmless/Medical Form to participate.
- Participants 17 years of age and younger must have their Hold Harmless/Medical form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- All personal equipment will be subject to approval by the EHOP staff.
- No personal carabineers, ropes, or quickdraws may be used at the Tower for any purpose.
- All belayers must be approved to belay by the EHOP staff.
- All belayers must be at least 14 years of age, unless participating in an EHOP program.
- Only belay devices designed and intended for belaying may be used to belay.
- All participants will be subject to monitoring by the EHOP Staff in regards to safe climbing/bouldering and belaying practices.
- Violation of any safety rule can result in the loss of climbing or belaying privileges; violations may be noted and attached to a personal file to record issues.
- All climbers must wear closed toed, non-marking shoes to climb on the Tower; no barefoot climbing or sandals of any type.
- All participants 17 years of age and younger must wear a helmet and may not waive the right.
- Only UIAA climbing helmets are allowed. No bike, skateboard, or rollerblade helmets may be used.
- Anytime a climber under 18 years of age is inside the climbing zone, he/she must have a helmet on an attached properly.
- No one may tie into the back of his/her harness
- No one may boulder on the Tower if climbers are on rope.
Anyone who tampers with the tower or attempt to climb the tower beyond the hours of operation may loose tower and outdoor program privileges indefinitely.