The Director of Inclusion & Diversity is a senior member of the Student Life, Student Success and Inclusion Management Team, and is responsible for overall visionary leadership in cultivating a campus-wide culture that is inclusive and values diversity. The incumbent, a student centered and community builder, provides key leadership and oversight in the development of strategic initiatives that support enrollment, persistence and completion of historically underrepresented student populations. The Director is responsible for developing the college's new Inclusion and Dialogue Center.
- Master’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution in Student Personnel or related field of study.
- A minimum of five years of relevant, progressive professional experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of all policies and practices related to college admissions.
- Must have demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion and experience in building and advancing diversity and inclusion initiatives for students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to work in partnership with Human Resources, and college programs and departments in the development of efforts to diversify faculty and staff positions.
- Competency in identity development related to race, gender, sexual orientation, and socio-economic groups and first generation students.
- Demonstrated success in developing student activities and creating learning environments for diverse student populations.
- Sensitivity and understanding of the needs of a diverse student populations, including students of color, LGBTQA, women, etc.
- Knowledge of student development theory.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, and judgment skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team setting; ability to effectively receive supervisory direction.
- Basic proficiency using office software (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook) and social media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, send a letter of application, resume and three references with contact information to with "Diversity and Inclusion' in the subject line.
Emory & Henry College is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Emory & Henry is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. Emory & Henry strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.