Scholarships & Opportunities
Performance-based scholarships at Emory & Henry College for incoming Art Majors.
Scholarships are open to incoming freshmen and transfer students and are based on an application, portfolio review, and interview.
Art Department Scholarship
The portfolio should contain your best work; reflect a range of abilities, interests, and concepts, demonstrate skill in a variety of media, and show your ability to draw from real objects.
Once you receive the scholarship you are eligible to keep it for four years providing you meet the following expectations:
- Maintain a 3.5 departmental GPA and an overall 3.0 GPA
- Enroll in and complete ART 111, 112, 151 in your first year
- Enroll in and complete ART 255, 210, 221, 222 in your second year
- Enroll in and complete A1 upper level/300 or high ART class
- Participate in 1 Departmentally Sponsored Exhibition
- Apply for 1 (at least) external exhibition