Admission & Tuition Info
How can you join us?
Requirements for Admission
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- Completed a minimum of 50 observation hours with a Licensed/Certified Athletic Trainer
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation with a least one coming from a Licensed/Certified Athletic Trainer
- GRE (quantitative, verbal and analytical writing) Our GRE code = 2231
- Application Letter
- Completed application via ATCAS
Required Prerequisite Coursework
- Nutrition (2-3 credit hours)
- Exercise Physiology (3-4 credit hours)
- Kinesiology/Biomechanics (3-4 credit hours)
- General Biology (4 credit hours)
- Statistics (4 credit hours)
- Chemistry (4 credit hours)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (8 credit hours)
- Psychology (3 credit hours)
- Physics (4 credit hours)
- Introduction to Healthcare Professions (1 credit hour or more)
- Medical Terminology (2-3 credit hours)
- The Athletic Training Program may accept up to nine credit hours of program-specific courses that will be considered on a case by case basis.
- The coursework must have been completed at a regionally accredited institution and also from a program currently accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Athletic Training Education (CAATE) and taken within the two years prior to requesting consideration for transfer.
- The courses will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee of the program, including a faculty member with knowledge/expertise in the content area of the course being considered to determine equivalency to the program.
In order to consider transfer credit to the Athletic Training Program, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- An applicant cannot have been dismissed by another program secondary to not meeting academic or professional standards.
- An applicant seeking transfer to this program must meet the minimal standard requirements for acceptance into the program.