Admission & Tuition Info
Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Completed a minimum of 40 documented hours of observations with an Occupational Therapist.
Have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.75 and 3.0 for prerequisite courses.
Have a grade of ‘C’ or better in all required prerequisite courses.
Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) using Emory & Henry College’s OTCAS ETS #7409.
Completion of CPR for Professionals certification and immunizations prior to enrollment.
3 letters of recommendation from professionals with at least one from an Occupational Therapist.
Required Prerequisite Courses
- Anatomy and Physiology, 8 hours
- Physics and/or Kinesiology and/or Biomechanics, 3 hours
- Abnormal Psychology, 3 hours
- Human or Psychology Development, 3 hours
- Statistics or Research Design, 3 hours
- Sociology and/or Philosophy and/or Ethics, 3 hours
Other Prerequisite Information
- Not more than nine hours of prerequisite courses can be in progress when applying to the program.
- CLEP and AP credit will not be accepted for the prerequisite courses listed above.
- A bachelor’s degree can be in progress but must be completed prior to enrollment of the program.
- BLS for healthcare professionals and all immunizations must be current prior to enrollment of the program.
- At the time of enrollment, each student must sign a Technical Standards/Essential Functions form.
For the academic year 2018-2019:
- The application process will open in the OTCAS system by July 18, 2017.
- All students applying to the MOT program must submit all required materials through the OTCAS system.
- A supplemental application fee of $30 must be submitted to the admission’s office at Emory & Henry College - School of Health Sciences.
- The final application deadline will be December 4, 2017.
- It is in the interest of the applicant to apply early for consideration as the OTCAS system can take several weeks to verify all information. The application must be complete and verified in the OTCAS system before the Admissions Committee will review.
- The interview process will occur in January, February, and March 2018. Interviews will be by invitation only by the MOT Admissions Committee.
- Acceptance will be on a rolling admissions process.
- Classes will begin Fall 2018