Admission & Tuition Info
Admission Requirements for OTD Program
Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Completed a minimum of 40 documented hours of observations with an Occupational Therapist.
Have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.75 and 3.0 for prerequisite courses.
Have a grade of ‘C’ or better in all required prerequisite courses.
Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) using Emory & Henry College’s OTCAS ETS #7409.
Completion of CPR for Professionals certification and immunizations prior to enrollment.
3 letters of recommendation from professionals with at least one from an Occupational Therapist.
Required Prerequisite Courses
- Anatomy and Physiology, 8 hours
- Physics and/or Kinesiology and/or Biomechanics, 3 hours
- Abnormal Psychology, 3 hours
- Human or Psychology Development, 3 hours
- Statistics or Research Design, 3 hours
- Sociology and/or Philosophy and/or Ethics, 3 hours
- Medical Terminology, 1-3 hours
**Prerequisite courses with Pass/Fail grades completed in Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 may be accepted upon review. Only 4 hours of Anatomy and/or Physiology with a Pass/Fail grade can be accepted.
All Pass/Fail grades will be reviewed on an individual basis by the OT Admissions Committee.
Other Prerequisite Information
- Not more than nine hours of prerequisite courses can be in progress when applying to the program.
- CLEP and AP credit will not be accepted for the prerequisite courses listed above.
- A bachelor’s degree can be in progress but must be completed prior to enrollment of the program.
- BLS for healthcare professionals from American Heart Association and all required immunizations must be current prior to enrollment of the program.
- At the time of enrollment, each student must sign a Technical Standards/Essential Functions form.
For the academic year 2021-2022:
- The application process will open in the OTCAS system by July 18, 2020.
- All students applying to the OT program must submit all required materials through the OTCAS system.
- A supplemental application fee of $30 must be submitted to the admission’s office at Emory & Henry College - School of Health Sciences. Pay Application Fee Now
- **The OTD program is now offering an Early Decision (Non-Binding) option. See link for additional details: Early Decision Option for OTD Applicants
- The final application deadline will be January 4, 2021. *Even though the final deadline is in January 2021 it is in your best interest to apply early as the interview process will begin in October 2020.
- It is in the interest of the applicant to apply early for consideration as the OTCAS system can take several weeks to verify all information. *The application must be complete and verified in the OTCAS system before the Admissions Committee will review. **It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that their record is verified in OTCAS.
- The interview process will occur in October 24, 2020, November 14, 2020 and January 23, 2021. Interviews will be by invitation only by the OT Admissions Committee.
- Acceptance will be on a rolling admissions process.
- Classes will begin Fall 2021