Graduation from a physical therapy education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) is necessary for eligibility to sit for the licensure examination, which is required in all states.
The Physical Therapy Program at Emory & Henry College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: ; website: .
If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call (276) 944-6167 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Emory & Henry College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is committed to addressing complaints and/or concerns about any aspect of its services. Every effort will be made to understand the complaint and/or concern and respond in an appropriate manner. For complaints/concerns regarding the Program, please see the Program policy on complaints and the complaint form below. For complaints to the accreditation agency (Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education) please see their Formal Complaint Policy.
Program Complaint Policy
The Program has developed a policy to handle complaints originating from clinical education sites, employers of the graduates and the general public. The complaints are received and kept on record by the Program Director. The steps involved in in the process are as follows:
Complaints are sent to Jean Irion, Program Director
- The Program Director will convene an appropriate faculty group to discuss each complaint, based upon the nature of the issue.
- The faculty group will devise a plan for remediation and/or revision of the respective component of the curriculum and will recommend it to the Program Director.
- Program Director will communicate the plan with the parties involved and with the Dean of School of Health Sciences.
- If the complainant is dissatisfied with the plan, an appeal may be made to the Dean of School of Health Sciences, Vice President for Academic Affairs or the College President.
- This process will be communicated to all clinical education sites with which the Program has entered into an agreement. In addition, the process will be posted on the Program’s website along with a form that can be completed by the parties expressing the complaints.