Tuition & Fees
Listed below is the tuition and fees for the 2018/19 academic year. The tuition rate will not increase over the next 3 years. This tuition freeze is intended to help you better plan for your educational career and provide assurance that as long as you are on track to finish your degree on time; your tuition at Emory & Henry College will not go up.
Program Admission Acceptance Deposit: $1,000.00 (nonrefundable; deposit will be applied to your tuition).
Program Per-Semester Tuition (there are no additional lab or course fees): $11,557.00*. Total tuition for year one of the DPT program (3 semesters) is $34,671.00. Total tuition for year two of the DPT program (3 semesters) is $34,671.00. Total tuition for year three of the DPT program (3 semesters) is 34,671.00. Total tuition for the entire 3-year DPT program (all 9 semesters combined) is $104,013.00*
Annual Technology Fee: $420.00/year (equally divided over 3 semesters at $140.00/semester).
Annual Activities Fee (Student Government Association): $300.00/year (equally divided over 3 semesters at $100.00/semester).
*This tuition rate is for students entering the DPT program in Fall 2018. Tuition rates for future cohorts may be subject to change; however, a cohort’s tuition rate will remain the same for the entirety of their 3-year (9 semesters) program.
Financial Aid Program:
- Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant - $1,500 per academic year
- Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan - $20,500 per academic year
- Direct Grand PLUS Load - Up to the cost of attendance minus other financial aid
Office of Financial Aid Telephone: 866-794-0010 or 276-944-6105 Business Office: 276-944-6814
In order to be eligible for these financial aid programs, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once you have filed a FAFSA, an award letter will be sent outlining the financial aid you have been offered.
The total financial aid awarded will be divided up equally between the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
The Grad PLUS Loan can be increased to cover the indirect charges. It does require a credit approval.
The VTAG is divided equally between the fall and spring semesters only.
Estimated Indirect Costs
- Textbooks: $3,000.00 (this cost is for all 9 semesters and only an estimate). Textbooks can be purchased through numerous websites or in bundles from the Emory & Henry College bookstore.
- Personal Laptop Computer (required): $1,500.00. The price of computers varies widely and depends on model and configuration.
- Equipment Costs (required): $79.00. DPT students will be required to have a stethoscope, BP cuff, set of 3 goniometers and 2 boxes of nitrile gloves (blue) for anatomy.
- Blue Scrubs (required) and Long Lab Coat (highly recommended for anatomy labs): $50.00 (all students must have and wear blue colored scrubs and it is recommended that a long lab coat is worn while in the cadaver lab).
- Background Check and Drug Screen (background checks are required prior to matriculation and drug screenings must be completed prior to first clinical rotation – additional background checks and drug screenings may be required one month prior to the clinical phase of training):$69.00. The program has made arrangements to have this completed through Viewpoint Screening. Additional information will be given once you have been accepted into the program. Some clinical sites may also require separate and more specific background checks and drug screenings.
- American Heart Association (AHA) CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers Training. Cost varies but can be as low as $8.00 for skills training + $16.00 for textbook. If students do not have certification prior to starting the program, opportunities will be given to obtain certification through Emory & Henry College. The certificate lasts for 2 years and students must maintain certification throughout the program’s duration.
- Health Insurance (required): Health insurance is required for all School of Health Sciences students at Emory & Henry College. If a health insurance policy is needed, students may also check for more competitive rates via the federal government’s official ACA website www.healthcare.gov or the healthcare.org general health insurance marketplace website. Open enrollment for marketplace plans is currently “closed” but “returning to school” may qualify as a “life change” and allow enrollment at this time.
- APTA Membership (highly recommended prior to matriculation): Yearly student fee of $90.00. Students will be sent information about the APTA with their textbook list.
- Clothing Expenses: The SHS graduate programs require students adhere to a business casual dress code on days when not in lab experiences or with guest lecturers. This may require the purchase of additional clothing to accommodate the dress code requirement. Clothing expenses can vary greatly depending on individual student needs and choices. An Emory & Henry College DPT polo shirt ($30.00) is required for all students. Information about the polo shirt and sizing options will be sent to the student with their textbook list.
- Housing and other living expenses: In addition to the above, students can expect additional costs for room and board, miscellaneous school supplies, etc. Living expenses can vary greatly depending on individual student choices. Students should estimate about $11,000 per year for housing, utilities, and food.