Alumni & Careers
Sample of possible careers with an undergraduate degree in Physics:
|Systems Engineer||Software Engineer/Programmer|
|Electrical Engineer||Web Developer / IT Consultant|
|Mechanical Engineer||System Analyst / Tech Support|
Research and Technical
|Aeronautical Engineer||Research Assistant/Associate|
|Civil Engineer||Lab Assistant/Associate|
|Research Engineer||High School Physics Teacher|
|Test Engineer||High School Science Teacher|
Select Recent Alumni:
- Matthew Boyda, ’16, candidate for the M.S., aerospace engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Joseph Ellis, ’16, Associate Software Engineer, Brocade.
- Nicholas Dowdle, ’14, Relief analyst, Eastman Chemical.
- Alexandra Firebaugh, ‘13, physics teacher, Mills E. Godwin High School.
- William Garrison, ’10, system engineer for Boeing, M.S. in aerospace engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Andrew Giordani, ’10, candidate for the M.S., mechanical engineering, North Carolina State University.
- Justin Lamb, ’10, candidate for the Ph.D., materials science, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Anne Ryan, ’06, assistant professor of statistics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Ph.D. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Michael Lane, ’95, professor of chemistry, Emory & Henry College (formerly at IBM Corporation); Ph.D. Stanford University.