Resources & Opportunities
From choosing a health care profession, to scholarships and summer internships, there are many opportunities available to Pre-Health students at Emory & Henry.
Preparation for entering any of the healthcare professions requires a great deal of personal sacrifice and hard work – and they should!
Caring for the lives of individuals, and animals in the case of veterinarians, is critical work that must be performed by smart, caring, and conscientious individuals.
Emory & Henry College has multiple agreements that guarantee interviews/admissions for our graduates. You can explore the details of these below:
E&H Doctor of Physical Therapy Early Assurance Program (DPT-EAP)
Up to ten qualifying students can gain admission to the E&H DPT program as a high school senior!
Initial Admissions Criteria:
- General Application to Emory & Henry College
- Also, Complete the Early Assurance Program Application which includes an essay
- Must be a high school senior enrolling in the fall semester immediately after graduation
- Minimum High School GPA: 3.3 (4.0 scale)
- SAT/ACT minimum: 1150/25
- On-site Interviews will be selected for up to 25 applicants
Continuing Consideration Criteria:
- Yearly review of each student in the program related to their conditional acceptance
- Maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or last 60 hour cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0
- GRE Qualification - minimum 300 combined and analytical writing score of 3.5
E&H Master of Science in Athletic Training Guaranteed Admissions
Emory & Henry College is pleased to offer guaranteed admission into the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) for qualifying students completing their undergraduate degree at Emory & Henry.
- Prospective students would need to meet all MSAT admission requirements and prerequisite coursework before a seat would be reserved in the program.
- The most common path for completing these requirements is through the Exercise Science major, although many majors could be utilized, such as Health and Human Performance or Biology.
- All requirements for admission are listed in the Admission and Tuition Information section.
- Interested students should contact the Athletic Training Department Chair for more information.
ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy Priority Admission
The Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy at East Tennessee State University offers priority admission for E&H students who are completing a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry.
- Students with a 3.0 GPA will qualify for a guaranteed interview
- Students with a 3.4 GPA may qualify for conditional admission
- Students should apply for early decision for their anticipated start year
Two program admission options:
- Traditional application in senior year to begin Pharmacy students after completing undergraduate requirements.
- The application can occur during the third year of undergraduate studies and the student would complete the BA degree in Chemistry while completing the first year of Pharmacy studies.
VCOM Guaranteed Interview
Via College of Medicine offers a guaranteed interview for qualified applicants from Emory & Henry College.
For more information contact Dr. JP Barfield
- 3.5 GPA (Science Pre-Requisites & Overall)
- 80 hours of Healthcare observation (40 must be completed by the time of application)
- 80 hours of Service (40 must be completed by the time of application)
- Apply for Early Admissions through AACOMAS by September 1.
VCOM Rocovich Scholars Early Admission
Via College of Osteopathic Medicine is pleased to offer the Rocovich Scholars Early Admission Program.
This program would accept five qualifying students from Emory & Henry College for guaranteed admission to VCOM upon satisfactorily completing their undergraduate degree.
Qualifications for Application
- 3.5 GPA in Pre-Requisite Science courses and Overall
- 1100 SAT/24 ACT
- At least 40 hours of documented healthcare observation
- At least 40 hours of documented community service
Interested students would apply and interview for program admission during the spring of their Sophomore year.For more information contact Dr. JP Barfield