The Healthcare Pre-Professional Scholarship at Emory & Henry College is a renewable, four-year scholarship for incoming first-year students who are preparing themselves for admission to professional programs in healthcare disciplines.
These competitive scholarships will be awarded to students who show great promise to become professionals in a healthcare discipline by virtue of their intention to pursue an undergraduate course of study that will lead to admission in a professional (graduate) healthcare program, exemplary high school GPAs, and excellent college aptitude scores.
Finalists for these scholarships will participate in on-campus interviews with faculty members and pre-health students held on the upcoming scholarship day.
Students who are interested in the Healthcare Pre-Professional Scholarship need to apply for admission to Emory & Henry College and indicate your interest on your application. Scholarship interview day is scheduled for Saturday, March 3, 2018.
The benefits of the Healthcare Pre-Professional Scholarships include:
- An annual, renewable scholarship, valued up to $3,000
- Preferential access to shadowing opportunities with healthcare professionals in their desired fields
- Financial assistance toward enrollment in entrance examination preparation programs (e.g., MCAT; GRE)
Scholarship recipients will be expected to:
- Meet every semester with the college’s Pre-Health Director to review their courses for upcoming semesters
- Pursue an undergraduate curriculum designed to gain admission to a professional healthcare program
- Enroll and successfully complete the Introduction to Healthcare Professions class in their first or second semesters
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA each semester
- Participate in the college’s Healthcare Professions Club