Scholarships are available to support you every step of the way to help make your healthcare career dreams a reality.
The Healthcare Pre-Professional Scholarship at Emory & Henry College is a renewable, four-year scholarship for incoming first-year students who are preparing themselves for admission to professional programs in healthcare disciplines.
These competitive scholarships will be awarded to students who show great promise to become professionals in a healthcare discipline by virtue of their intention to pursue an undergraduate course of study that will lead to admission in a professional healthcare program, exemplary high school GPAs, and excellent college aptitude scores.
Finalists for these scholarships will participate in interviews with faculty members and pre-health students held in the spring.
Any student who is interested in the Healthcare Pre-Professional Scholarship needs to apply for admission to Emory & Henry College and indicate your interest on your application.
The benefits of the Healthcare Pre-Professional Scholarships include:
- An annual, renewable scholarship, valued up to $500
- Preferential access to shadowing opportunities with healthcare professionals in their desired fields
- Financial assistance toward enrollment in entrance examination preparation programs (e.g., MCAT, GRE), workshops, seminars, etc.
Scholarship recipients will be expected to:
- Meet every semester with the college’s Pre-Health Director and/or appointed Pre-Health advisor to review their courses for upcoming semesters
- Pursue an undergraduate curriculum designed to gain admission to a professional healthcare program
- Enroll and successfully complete the Introduction to Healthcare Professions class in their first or second semesters
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA each semester
- Participate in the college’s Healthcare Professions Club
The Robert C. and Virgie Deel Singleton Memorial Scholarship and Award
The Singleton Memorial Scholarship and Award is for a student who plans to pursue Chiropractic Medicine. The award of up to $1000 can be offered to a student upon proof of their acceptance and documentation to matriculate at an accredited school of Chiropractic within the calendar year. The award is intended to help offset the costs associated with attending professional school (e.g. books, fees, tuition, etc).
Student Loan Repayment Programs
Talent Attraction Program
The Virginia Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission offers a loan repayment program. The purpose of the Talent Attraction Program is to encourage recent graduates to live in the Tobacco Region and work in targeted, hard-to-fill occupations by providing up to $12,000 annually in student loan repayment with a two-year commitment. Loan repayment awards may be renewed for another two years if eligible (maximum award of $48,000). Priority is given to graduates of schools in the Region and permanent residents of the Tobacco Region.
Virginia State Loan Repayment Program
This VA-SLRP is operated by the Virginia Department of Health-Office of Health Equity (VDH-OHE) providing a non-taxed incentive to qualified medical, dental, behavioral health professionals and pharmacists in return for a minimum of two years of service at an eligible practice site in one of the federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) in a qualified field of practice in Virginia. The maximum award for a four-year commitment is $140,000 and shall be for a qualifying educational loan. Learn more about Virginia’s Loan Repayment programs for healthcare providers.
Other Scholarship opportunities may be available in your field of interest!