Admission & Tuition Info
Emory & Henry College’s RN to BSN Program admits new students each semester.
Applications for the Emory & Henry College’s RN to BSN Program are completed and verified utilizing the RN to BSN application. The application is free and online.
Applications are reviewed and those selected are notified by email for an on-site interview. Once interviews have been completed, students are notified of acceptance into the program either by mail or email.
Emory & Henry College offers generous scholarships to help make your RN to BSN journey affordable. Scholarships are renewable annually with satisfactory progress and all of the following criteria are met:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.67 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Current FAFSA application
- Demonstrated financial need
Reverend Dr. John W. Bardsley, Jr ’51 Scholarship
This endowed scholarship was established for the nursing program in memory and honor of Rev. Dr. John Bardsley.
Anne Payne Mowell ‘62 Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established for the nursing program in memory and honor of Anne Payne Mowell by her family.
If you are employed by Ballad Health, please ask your supervisor or HR representative about options for tuition reimbursement.
Other Health Systems
Please ask your supervisor or HR representative about options for tuition reimbursement.
Virginia State Loan Repayment Program
The VA-SLRP main objective is to recruit primary care practitioners in underserved areas of Virginia and in state and local institutions. Learn more information about the VA-SLRP program, including requirements and how to apply.
To apply for scholarships contact the Director of the RN to BSN Program Saundra Farmer email@example.com.
- Be a graduate of an accredited associate degree or diploma school of nursing
- Hold a current unencumbered registered nursing (RN) license in the state which they practice in
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.33 or higher
- One letter of recommendation from a professional with at least one being from a nursing supervisor or if a new associate degree/diploma graduate, a nursing faculty member
- Selected applicants are offered an on-site or virtual interview by the director and admissions committee to determine program acceptance
- Submission of all official transcripts from any educational institution attended (i.e., high school, college or universities)
- Completion and proof of American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (after acceptance send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Normally $200, take advantage of the temporary discount! Your $100 enrollment deposit reserves your place in the incoming class.
Or, make your payment by phone at 800-848-5493 or mail a check or money order to:
Emory & Henry College
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 947
Emory, Virginia 24327
- Deposit - $200 (for admitted students to confirm enrollment, applied to account)
- Tuition cost- $330 per credit hour
- CastleBranch Service - Criminal Background, Drug Screening, HIPAA, OSHA, Immunization and Compliance Tracker
Total Fees for Year One - $149, Year-Two Cost - $70
- Textbooks- Costs can vary for each course and bookstore costs
- Technology Fee- $125 per semester
Currently, interviews will be scheduled at the student’s convenience. Alternative style meetings will be scheduled with the Chair and Director of the RN to BSN Program Saundra Farmer email@example.com including zoom video conferencing and other methods.
Nursing applicants must meet the admissions criteria to be offered an interview by the Director of the RN to BSN Program and designated members of the Admissions Committee. On-site interviews may be conducted at the Emory & Henry College Main Campus in Emory, Va. or at the Emory & Henry College School of Health Sciences in Marion, Va. A candidate interview score sheet is utilized during the interview process by each of the faculty. A compilation of the scores and discussion among the interviewing faculty is used to determine acceptance into the nursing program.
Next Steps for Admitted RN to BSN Students
Once students applied and have received their acceptance letter into the RN to BSN program, please complete the following steps.
- E&H email account: After you submit your enrollment deposit, an E&H email account is created for you and you’ll receive an email at the address on your admissions application which will include login information. Login information expires after 120 days, so please reset your password as needed to ensure you can access your account throughout the summer and after. Check this email frequently for updates.
- Disclosure Form (student must be logged into ehc.edu email account to access)
- Emergency Information (student must be logged into ehc.edu email account to access)
- Family Data Form (student must be logged into ehc.edu email account to access)
- E&H Promissory Note Send to Angie Werth at firstname.lastname@example.org in Business Office with Student Accounts, Wiley Hall. (form accepted any of these four ways: 1) digitally signed and emailed; 2) printed, completed, scanned and emailed; 3) printed, completed and faxed to: 276-944-6884; or 4) printed, completed and mailed/delivered to Student Accounts, P.O. Box 947, Emory, Virginia 24327.)
- E&H Immunization Record and Medical Information Form (“Medical Form,” 6-pages, printed)
To Complete the “Medical Form”…
Make an appointment with your primary care provider for a physical evaluation and bring this form along for your provider to help complete.
Complete all six pages.
Tetanus booster must be within past 10 years.
The student needs to sign pages 1, 2 and 6 (or guardian will sign page 6 if the student is under 18).
The provider needs to sign pages 2, 3 and 5.
Once completed, mail your medical form to:
Office of Admission, Emory & Henry College, P.O. Box 947, Emory, VA 24327
Or, fax directly: Emory & Henry College, Health Center • Fax: 276-944-6666
- Transcripts: Send final transcript(s) for any college coursework you have taken to Emory & Henry College, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 947, Emory, Va. 24327.
- Proof of Insurance Waiver (Students may their own insurance through an employer) Health Insurance is REQUIRED for SHS students. Visit the Health Center Insurance page for more information.
- Vehicle Registration (Completed at Marion Campus during Orientation Day)
Financial Aid & Payment Options
Finalize Your Financial Aid & Payment Options
- If you have not done so,file your FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and use our E&H code: 003709
- Review your financial aid award letter carefully. Ask questions, if needed. The award is mailed to the home address of your admission application as well as emailed to the address on file when you apply.
- Finalize your financial aid and payment options. The financial aid office will provide the next steps on finalizing the financial aid process. email@example.com