Admission & Tuition Info
Emory & Henry College’s RN to BSN Program admits one new cohort of RN to BSN students each August.
Applications for the Emory & Henry College’s RN to BSN Program are completed and verified utilizing the RN to BSN application.
Applications are reviewed and those selected are notified by email for an on-site interview. Once interviews have been completed, students are notified of acceptance into the program either by mail or email.
- Be a graduate of an accredited associate degree or diploma school of nursing
- Hold a current unencumbered registered nursing (RN) license in the state which they practice in
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.33 or higher
- Completion and proof of American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Submission of all official transcripts from any educational institution attended (i.e., high school, college or universities)
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals with at least one being from a nursing supervisor or if a new associate degree/diploma graduate, a nursing faculty member
- Selected applicants are offered an on-site interview by the director and admissions committee to determine program acceptance
Or, make your payment by phone at 800-848-5493 or mail a check or money order to:
Emory & Henry College
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 947
Emory, Virginia 24327
- Deposit - $200 (for admitted students to confirm enrollment, applied to account)
- Tuition cost- $330 per credit hour
- CastleBranch Service - Criminal Background, Drug Screening, HIPAA, OSHA, Immunization and Compliance Tracker
Total Fees for Year One - $149, Year-Two Cost - $70
- Textbooks- Costs can vary for each course and bookstore costs
- Technology Fee- $125 per semester
Nursing applicants must meet the admissions criteria to be offered an interview by the Director of the RN to BSN Program and designated members of the Admissions Committee. On-site interviews may be conducted at the Emory & Henry College Main Campus in Emory, Va. or at the Emory & Henry College School of Health Sciences in Marion, Va. A candidate interview score sheet is utilized during the interview process by each of the faculty. A compilation of the scores and discussion among the interviewing faculty is used to determine acceptance into the nursing program.
Next Steps for Admitted RN to BSN Students
Once students applied and have received their acceptance letter into the RN to BSN program, please complete the following steps.
- E&H email account: After you submit your enrollment deposit, an E&H email account is created for you and you’ll receive an email at the address on your admissions application which will include login information. Login information expires after 120 days, so please reset your password as needed to ensure you can access your account throughout the summer and after. Check this email frequently for updates.
- Disclosure Form (student must be logged into ehc.edu email account to access)
- Emergency Information (student must be logged into ehc.edu email account to access)
- Family Data Form (student must be logged into ehc.edu email account to access)
- E&H Promissory Note Send to Sunny Crisp at email@example.com in Business Office with Student Accounts, Wiley Hall. (form accepted any of these four ways: 1) digitally signed and emailed; 2) printed, completed, scanned and emailed; 3) printed, completed and faxed to: 276-944-6884; or 4) printed, completed and mailed/delivered to Student Accounts, P.O. Box 947, Emory, Virginia 24327.)
- E&H Immunization Record and Medical Information Form (“Medical Form,” 6-pages, printed)
To Complete the “Medical Form”…
Make an appointment with your primary care provider for a physical evaluation and bring this form along for your provider to help complete.
Complete all six pages.
Tetanus booster must be within past 10 years.
The student needs to sign pages 1, 2 and 6 (or guardian will sign page 6 if the student is under 18).
The provider needs to sign pages 2, 3 and 5.
Once completed, mail your medical form to:
Office of Admission, Emory & Henry College, P.O. Box 947, Emory, VA 24327
Or, fax directly: Emory & Henry College, Health Center • Fax: 276-944-6666
- Transcripts: Send final transcript(s) for any college coursework you have taken to Emory & Henry College, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 947, Emory, Va. 24327.
- Proof of Insurance Waiver (Students may their own insurance through an employer) Health Insurance is REQUIRED for SHS students. Visit the Health Center Insurance page for more information.
- Vehicle Registration (Completed at Marion Campus during Orientation Day)
Financial Aid & Payment Options
Finalize Your Financial Aid & Payment Options
- If you have not done so, file your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and use our E&H code: 003709
- After you are admitted, a Self Service account is created for you and you’ll receive an email at the address on your admissions application which will include login information.
- Review your financial aid award letter carefully. Ask questions, if needed. Award is mailed to home address as well as emailed to address on file when you apply.
- Finalize your financial aid and payment options on Self Service.
- Login to Self Service and go to Financial Aid to accept (or decline) your financial aid and complete the required steps in the checklist.
- If accepting loans, complete the “Master” Stafford Promissory Note in Helpful Links sidebar.
- Choose Tuition Payment Plans (12, 10, 8, 5 and 4-month payment options) if needed.
- All financial aid forms and payments MUST be finalized before the start of the semester. Go to Financial Aid Home on Self Service to see any remaining items in your checklist.
- Students may login to view their account activity for current semester into their Self Service account. Statements will not be mailed. Complete all of the above steps to ensure you have the most accurate statement as billing takes into consideration many factors such as your acceptance of financial aid, housing, meal plan, health insurance, etc. Students may designate Proxy Access to assist a spouse or other family member in viewing and paying their account.