Nursing is a profession of both art and science. Nurses are the front line care providers, educators and advocates.
The nursing profession has evolved to the development of compassionate, empathetic and devoted practitioners in providing care and advocacy for the individual patient, communities and diverse populations. A nurse exemplifies the characteristic of treating the needs of the individual holistically with dignity and respect.
Healthcare in Southwest Virginia, Northeast Tennessee, and beyond are in need of nurses who are highly educated and have a passion to provide service within their own communities.
Adding a liberal arts core from Emory & Henry helps nurses to be well-rounded care providers who embrace the challenges in dealing with the health needs of diverse cultures and populations. You will also benefit from the clinical opportunities provided by the School of Health Sciences, including hands-on experience with state of the art facilities like the Clinical Simulation Lab and placements in local community healthcare facilities.
An E&H BSN graduate will have the ability to:
- think critically
- develop higher-level decision skills
- apply clinical reasoning in providing care to individuals, families, and groups
- translate research for evidence-based practice of nursing
- utilize information and technology to deliver quality patient care
- prepare for leadership positions
- exhibit effective interprofessional collaboration to deliver quality patient-centered care
- promote both health and prevention in delivering care
- develop yourself, nursing practice, and be a life long learner
- have a deeper understanding of concerns impacting patients and their healthcare