Alumni & Careers
A sociology degree prepares you for a variety of careers that serve people and the world they live in. Such roles include guidance counsellors, social workers, human services professionals, attorneys, and law enforcement professionals.
- John Satterfield-Doerr ’14, Peace Corps, Kyrgystan
- Sydney England ’14, Jesse Ball DuPont Fund Fellowship recipient
- Anne Saville ’13: Ph.D. candidate at University of Florida, forest resources and conservation
- Alex Versen, ’13, M.S.W, counselor, Mount Rogers Community Services Board
- Yancey Wilmoth ’13, officer, Abingdon Police Department
- Josh Settlemyre ’13, state trooper, North Carolina State Highway Patrol
- Zach McKenney ’12: Ph.D. candidate at University of Tennessee
- Kelli Smith ’12, M.A. in sociology, ETSU; Policy Analyst, Friends of Southwest Virginia
- Natalie Rouse ’09, Import Operations, V. Alexander and Company
- Julina Pyanoe ’09, NCC, academic counselor, East Tennessee State University
- Jessica Edmonds ’08, M.S.W., Western Carolina University; therapist, RHA Behavioral Health Services
The American Sociological Association provides additional information about careers in Sociology.