Explore your spiritual journey. Share your Faith, and develop spiritual leadership.
The Church Leadership Fellows program at Emory & Henry College is a renewable, four-year scholarship for incoming first-year and transfer undergraduate students who are enrolled in the B.A. in Religion program and/or who are discerning a call to professional ministry and/or seeking to develop their church leadership skills. In addition to receiving financial aid, Church Leadership Fellows will participate in on-going church leadership development training, intentional vocational discernment, service projects and participating, and leadership in Spiritual Life programs and ministries.
Complete these steps to apply for a Church Leadership Fellows Scholarship:
- Apply for Admission to Emory & Henry College
- Schedule a Personalized Campus Visit
- Complete the Church Leadership Fellows Scholarship Application
- Request for Pastor Recommendation Form to be complete by your selected pastor or spiritual reference
Each year, students that are selected through the interview process are awarded a renewable scholarship and a place as a Church Leadership Fellow. In order to maintain the scholarship, Fellows must do the following:
- maintain a 2.5 grade point average
- attend the annual Spiritual Life Retreat
- actively participate in E&H’s Spiritual Life community (attend Kergyma and one additional Spiritual Life group and one weekly worship experience)
- participate in one outreach event per semester
- attend the E&H Benefactors Luncheon each year and write a thank you note to the benefactors (and/or their families) thanking them for their scholarship and for making their participation in this program possible.
Church Leadership Retreat
Held annually for students of Emory & Henry College, this overnight retreat gives students, faculty and staff the chance to build Christian community, examine God’s call in their lives, begin identifying gifts and developing leadership skills necessary to be effective leaders in the church.
Church Leadership Forum
Held each month throughout the academic year to expose participants to a variety of ways that God calls people to serve as leaders in the church and to guide and reflect on their experiences in local churches, church-related organizations, spiritual life groups and worship experiences. Additionally, participants will be led in exploring together their personal spiritual formation and vocational discernment.