Requirements & Additional Info
- Completed Transfer Application
- Official College Transcript(s):
Mail your transcripts to:
Emory & Henry College, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 947, Emory, VA 24327
- Completed Dean’s Certificate for Transfer Students
- Other data may be requested by the Admissions Committee such as college entrance test scores and high school transcript(s). (We will be test-optional through the end of this admission cycle for the fall 2020 entering class due to the COVID-19 interruption at testing sites.)
- Please note that an admission essay is no longer required as part of the application.
Transfer Honors Program
What are the benefits of being a transfer honors student at Emory & Henry College? Here are just a few reasons:
- $21,000 for transfers with Associates Degree, membership in Phi Theta Kappa
- Priority Registration on the day before seniors—a real perk for the juniors!
- Opportunity to apply for one of six $500 stipends per class awards each year
- Opportunity to live in Honors Living-Learning residence halls: Weaver and Russell
- 24-hour access to Honors Study, located in Miller Hall, Room 114
- Opportunity to participate in Honors Conferences including: National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC), Virginias Collegiate Honors Council (VCHC),
Pathway to NCHC Honors Degree
Scholarships for Transfers
Just by applying you will automatically be informed of all scholarships you are eligible for at Emory & Henry. Below you will find information on many of the various scholarships offered.
E&H Merit Scholarships 2021-2022:
Based on Academic Performance and Residential Status
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarship Resident: $21,000 Commuter: $13,000 Patrick Henry Scholarship
Commuter: $11,000 Byars Scholarship Resident: $16,000 Commuter: $9,000 Ampersand Scholarship Resident: $14,000 Commuter: $7,000
Additional Transfer-Specific Awards
Virginia Community College Award From a Virginia Community College or Northeast State Community College $500 State-Funded, Two-Year Transfer Grant Must meet eligibility requirements Up to $1000
E&H Performance & Affinity Scholarships
Either one Performance or one Affinity Scholarship can be stacked with your Merit Scholarship. Each type of Performance and Affinity Scholarship have their own application and program requirements. You can find more information about these specific scholarships here.
Other E&H Scholarships, Grants, and More
Emory & Henry also offers other grants, including the Emory & Henry Access Grant and the Southwest Virginia Lift Initiative, as well as participating in State and Federal Programs. More information about these grants and programs can be found here.
Admitted Transfer Students
Admitted transfer students can begin processing their enrollment paperwork — including making a $200 deposit, filing financial aid, and signing up for registration day below.
Our community is vibrant, friendly and represents local students as well as those from seven countries and 32 states. Our transfer students come from numerous institutions, both large and small, and engage in a unique student-centered educational experience with affordable tuition.
Our experienced team is your partner in the transfer process. We’ll work with you to evaluate your credits from other institutions, up to 75 credits, and count them toward your degree for maximum savings.
With exceptional academic programs, taught by the most-awarded faculty in Virginia, you can explore more than 72 academic major in 27 areas of study. Many transfer students join athletics, clubs and groups to round out their full college experience.
Just by applying, you will automatically be informed of eligible scholarships. We find that transfer students add significantly to the character of our learning environment, so we provide numerous scholarships along with an easy application process. Students in good standing can earn up to $20,000! Learn more about specific scholarships and requirements below.
We have admission agreements with all of the Virginia Community College System (VCCS). This means that the credits you have already taken will count toward your degree, shortening the time it takes to finish your bachelor’s degree in your chosen area of study and save you money.
See how your credits could potentially transfer in our guide below:
Each semester, we welcome transfer students from colleges all over Virginia and beyond. In addition, we have specific articulation agreements with Lincoln Memorial University, Virginia Highlands Community College, Northeast State Community College, and specifically Northeast State Community College, Mass Communications.
We have special pathways or concurrent admission agreements tailored with the following community colleges to assure a seamless transition, minimizing your time to degree: