All reserved spaces have been purchased for the 2021 season. Thanks for the great support!
Fall 2021 plans include plans for our customary tailgate tradition! (Please read closely for new rules and opportunities.)
Reserved spots are now available in the gravel lot as well as the paved lot!
NOTE: Everyone inside the paid tailgate lots must have a $10 game ticket.
- Everyone in the paid tailgate lots, including visitors to your tailgate, will be required to have a $10 football ticket.
- Parking in the gravel lot is still $10 per car for general admission: but for $250 you may purchase a season pass that will include two parking spaces and 4 tickets for each of the home games (we have 6 home games in 2021). There will be a limited number of these spots available: the rest of the lot will be first-come, first-served.
- Tailgate spots in the paved lot will now be $350 and will include 2 parking spaces plus 4 game tickets for each home game. Premium spots will now be $500 for 2 parking spaces plus 4 game tickets for each home game.
- Those wishing to keep their space from the previous season will be able to as long as they make a gift of $1775 or more to IHEY before the first call-in date.
- There is no entrance fee for the non-alcohol tailgating lot (grassy area between Stewart French House and Hillman).
- There will still be “first-come, first-served” tailgate parking in the gravel lot.
- There will be a new general parking area (no charge, no tailgating) on the grassy area between Stewart French House and Collins House (Alumni and Admissions).
- CALL-IN DATES FOR RESERVED SPOTS ARE AUGUST 9, 10, 11.
Reserved space call-in dates are set for Aug. 9, 10, and 11: 276-944-6109.
Here’s how to reserve a tailgate spot:
- Those wishing to keep their spot from last year need to make a gift of $1775 or more to IHEY and contact Monica Hoel before AUGUST 9.
- Those making a donation of at least $1000 to IHEY will be eligible to reserve a space on AUGUST 9.
- Those making a donation of at least $150 to IHEY will be eligible to reserve a space on AUGUST 10.
- All others may call in on AUGUST 11 or later.
- This year, due to the unusual nature of 2020, we are counting gifts from the end of the 2019 football season up through this summer.
- Calls may be made beginning at 8 am sharp. Due to the high volume of calls, you are asked to leave a message and you will be called back in order according to the time-stamp of the message. Please leave your name and phone number and the number of the spot you are hoping to reserve. (See enclosed map.)
- You may only reserve 3 spots at a time.
- The number to call is 276-944-6109
6. For questions, contact Monica Hoel: 276-944-6109 or email@example.com.
You can keep last year’s spot!
You now have an option for keeping your tailgate spot from one year to the next.
Anyone who makes a gift to I-HEY at the Patrick Henry Society level ($1775.00) before the first call-in date in a given year, will be allowed to keep that spot for the upcoming season. The current spot-holder need only contact the Alumni Office to confirm (firstname.lastname@example.org, 276-944-6109). If we have not heard from you by the beginning of tailgate reservation dates, we will assume you are happy for your spot to be placed into the lottery. As long as your annual PHS-level I-HEY gift is up-to-date, you may keep your spot year after year.
This process is only for keeping the spot or spots you were in last year. Current spot-holders will not be allowed to switch spots prior to the first call-in day. Also, you will not be allowed to add on spots prior to the first call-in day.
So if you have made your PHS-level gift to I-HEY, and you have alerted the alumni office that you wish to stay where you are, you will not need to worry about calling on the lottery days.
Others who wish to enter the lottery will follow the same rules as always: Fans who have given $1000 or more to I-HEY can call on the first call-in day (beginning at 8 am); fans who have given $150 or more may call on the second call-in date (beginning at 8 am); and all other fans may call in on the third call-in date or later.
Any questions about keeping your spot?
Contact Monica in the Alumni Office: 276-944-6109 or email@example.com.
What are the rules for tailgating on campus?
E&H Tailgating Policy
PLEASE NOTE: All persons parking in or visiting the reserved paved lots or the gravel lot will be required to have a $10 game ticket. Please see the letter from Athletics for details.
Tailgating here is defined as parking in a designated location/area and consuming food and beverages prior to and immediately following a home football game. The parking area across from the King Center and the East Parking Lots, located behind the stadium (reserved only) are designated as tailgate areas and are licensed for alcohol consumption for those who are of legal age. On Homecoming day, there is also a lot sanctioned for alcohol next to the duck pond. There is also a parking lot designated for tailgating where alcohol is not permitted. Tailgate lots will open at 10 am and close 1 hour after the end of the game. On Homecoming day, the lots will open at 9 am.
Emory & Henry regulations and statutes of the Commonwealth of Virginia regarding drug and alcohol consumption will be strictly enforced. College policy and laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia prohibit public intoxication. Policies and laws also prohibit possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages by anyone under 21 years of age. Hosts who furnish alcohol to underage individuals may be subject to criminal prosecution and personal civil liability exposure. Anyone found consuming or possessing alcohol younger than 21 years of age is subject to arrest and to charges of underage consumption or possession. Driver’s licenses will be checked in order to gain access to these tailgate areas. Those under 21 must be accompanied by a parent in order to access the King Center and Reserved Tailgating areas.
Careful use of small propane grills is allowed. No gas powered generators are allowed. All beverages must be in a can, plastic bottle, or plastic cup. Glass is not permitted. All alcoholic beverages must remain in coolers or closed containers and not out in the open. Kegs will not be permitted. Only portable stereo units are permitted.
Waste food items and trash must be disposed of in appropriate containers that are provided throughout the grounds. If trash is left by individuals using the tailgate area, tailgating privileges can be rescinded for the remainder of the season and subsequent privileges will be reviewed after the season. Groups who tailgate must follow the following risk management policies enforced by College staff; provide food for their group, provide plenty of non-alcoholic beverages, clean up assigned area, be sure at least one member of the group does not consume alcohol, and educate members about tailgating policies. By entering the tailgate area, individuals agree to abide by these regulations.
Gas generators are not allowed in any tailgating area.
The College reserves the right to modify tailgating rules at any time to secure the safety and effective administration of the event. Please note that there will be an increased number of police/security officers available due to the procurement of a Virginia ABC license for each event.