Appalachian Center Associates
Making a Difference One Child at a Time.
The Appalachian Center Associates Program, in partnership with Highlands Educational Literacy Program (H.E.L.P.), is an extension of the College’s Community-based Federal Work Study Program. Work study eligible students may serve as tutors and mentors in one of the county elementary or middle after-school programs. Benefits of the program include:
- having the opportunity to have a positive influence in the life of a child
- ongoing training from H.E.L.P. and Appalachian Center staff
- regular reflection and community building among fellow associates
- building professional relationships in the local community
- earning financial aid to help cover your educational expenses
Sound interesting? If you’d like to learn more, please contact Bence Bays in the Appalachian Center.