- <div class="photo-feature-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/89/width/1200/height/630/crop/1/7363_athletics-header.rev.1579276012.jpg)"/>
- <div class="photo-feature-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/89/width/1200/height/630/crop/1/781_band.rev.1507304219.jpg)"/>
- <div class="photo-feature-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/89/width/1200/height/630/crop/1/778_athletics.rev.1507294303.jpg)"/>
- <div class="photo-feature-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/89/width/1200/height/630/crop/1/7364_athletics-2.rev.1579277575.jpg)"/>
- <div class="photo-feature-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/89/width/1200/height/630/crop/1/702_IMG_2651.rev.1506619212.JPG)"/>
On the field and in the classroom, our student-athletes pursue their goals with passion. One of the most celebrated parts of campus life at Emory & Henry College is the intercollegiate athletics program which has brought great excitement and recognition to the institution for more than 100 years.
The College currently sponsors 26 intercollegiate programs, including two teams from the Intermont Equestrian program, and competitive cheerleading and dance squads. Check out GoWasps.com for all the latest information about Emory & Henry Athletics.
NCAA Division II and South Atlantic Conference
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) announced on July 9, 2021 that Emory & Henry College has officially been accepted as a provisional member of Division II, capping a 48-year run as a charter member of Division III.
Emory & Henry will join the South Atlantic Conference (SAC) for the 2022-23 academic year after accepting a membership invitation to join the league. The College will participate in 19 of the SAC’s championship sports, including the conference’s combined men’s wrestling championship with Conference Carolinas. Read more about the announcement here.
Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference
Emory & Henry College has announced on October 6, 2021, that the College has aligned with the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC) as a secondary conference. The Wasps will be immediately eligible for awards as well as selection to ECAC events and championships. Read more about the ECAC announcement here.
Intramural & Affinity Sports
The E&H Equestrian Program boasts 21 national championships since 2001. Emory & Henry’s IHSA, IDA and ANRC teams offer opportunities for students to gain competitive experience in hunters, jumpers, equitation and dressage. Best Value Schools named the Emory & Henry Equestrian Center one of the “20 Most Amazing College Equestrian Centers” in the nation. The center is home to competitions and hands-on training on 120 acres surrounded by rolling hills and landscapes, and houses both indoor and outdoor arenas.
Need directions? For most athletic events other than football, there is ample parking available near the King Center. On football game days, parking is extremely limited due to many lots being reserved for tailgating. So get here early and enjoy the tradition. Can’t make it to campus? Check the schedule, get live stats or watch from wherever you are.
Emory & Henry College officials have announced a bold plan to construct two new facilities on property it owns adjacent to Exit 26 off Interstate 81 as the College continues to expand to meet growing demand. Last week members of the executive committee of the College’s board of trustees unanimously approved constructing a new equestrian center and a new multi-sport complex for track and field, soccer and lacrosse. Keep reading