Students & Alumni
Finding a job can be a full-time job. Whether you are looking for a job on campus, summer job, internship, or a full-time experience Career Services can help.
Job Search Resources:
- E&H Connects, Emory & Henry College’s internal job posting system
- General job search
- Local job search
- Federal job search
- Career-field specific job search
- Transition To the World of Work Class
- Linkedin 101
- Student employment
- Job search documents: resumes, multi-media resumes, cover letters, CV’s, etc
E&H Connects is maintained and updated by Career Services and it is a collection of current student employment, internship, and job postings. E&H Connects step-by-step instructions for accessing, updating, and viewing jobs on E&H Connects are available and other formats are available upon request by e-mailing Amanda Gardner.
- CareerBuilder.com: Find the right job. Right now.
- Indeed.com: Indeed helps people get jobs.
- Monster.com: Monster can help you find the best jobs, employers and career advice.
- ZipRecruiter.com : The smartest way to get hired.
- For more information on the federal government job search, visit the Students and Recent Graduates section of USAJob.gov
- Career field-specific job search sites compiled by Virginia Tech Career Services
- Jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities in non-profits can be searched at Idealist.org
- Accounting-related: DiscoverAccounting
Disclaimer: E&H Connects is the only job search site maintained by Emory & Henry Career Services. All other job search sites are maintained by outside organizations.
For spring 2019 and specifically designed for juniors and seniors. GNST 203: Transition to the World of Work is a one-credit course taught by the Career Services Director and will help students to obtain the skills and resources needed for a successful internship and/or job search such as career research and outlook, networking, and resume writing, which can lead to meaningful employment. Register for GNST 203 today!
Linkedin is one of the most useful tools for those in job search mode. Not on Linkedin? No worries. It is FREE, simple, and easy to use. See Linkedin instructions linked here.
Looking for a student employment opportunities on-campus? Visit the Student Employment page for complete details.