Start a Club Sport
Are you wanting to bring a new club sport to campus? Learn about how to start a new Club Sport at Emory & Henry.
Creating a New Club Sport
Not all student organizations engaged in a sport activity are, or can be, recognized as members of the E&H Club Sports Program. Inclusion in the program is dependent upon proven continued interest in the activity, capabilities for sustaining such interest in the E&H student community, and the ability of Campus Recreation to meet club needs via the Club Sports Program. Student organizations should not view membership in the Club Sports Program as an avenue to student fee funding or facility access. Funding is not guaranteed. Membership in the Club Sports Program provides student organizations with direct access to a variety of services offered through the Campus Recreation. Members of the E&H faculty/staff serve as advisors to clubs with their day to day operations, events, budgeting, scheduling, promotional advice, and ensure a safe and responsible experience.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students at Emory & Henry College are eligible to participate in the Campus Recreation Program Club Sports Program.
- Emory & Henry College faculty, staff, other employees, and affiliates are not permitted to participate in club sports.
- Each Club Sports participant must have a completed release and waiver of liability and code of conduct form on file with the Dean of Students Office to be eligible to participate.
- Clubs and participating members must adhere to E&H, Campus Recreation Program, and Club Sports Program policies, procedures, expectations, and code of conduct.
- Clubs should contact the Club Sports Governing Board to confirm exact eligibility requirements. Many sports have specific standards for collegiate competition.
- Individual club and participating members are responsible for paying dues in a timely manner to the club in which they participate.
- Community members are not eligible to participate in the Campus Recreation Program Club Sports Program.
- The E&H Club Sports Program will not support any exclusion to participate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Notes: No eligible participants can be restricted or cut from a Club Sports or told they are not allowed to participate with the club by another member, coach or Faculty/Staff Advisor. Club officers or coach(s) reserve the right to choose to form a traveling team from its members, since only a certain number can realistically participate in competition. Each club is responsible to work out a fair and equitable method that accommodates all of its members’ needs.