Admission Tours, Visits and Open Houses, Athletic and Equine Events, Athletic In-Person Recruiting, Music, Art and Theatre events, Founder’s Day Celebration have all been currently suspended.
With continuing developments in the outbreak of COVID-19, the Emory & Henry College Department of Athletics and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) via unanimous vote from the President’s Council and Board of Directors have chosen to cancel all spring athletics competition for the remainder of the academic year. Read the release from ODAC.
Emory & Henry College and the ODAC look forward to showcasing the achievements of its spring sport athletes. Please continue to check GoWasps.com.
McGlothlin Center for the Arts
The McGlothlin Center for the Arts will be canceling and tentatively rescheduling some events.
- A performance by the Smoky Mountain Brass Quintet, which was set for April 7, has been canceled. Organizers are hoping to reschedule the event for a date in the summer or fall.
- An Artalk focused on the works of Dorothy Gillespie, which was scheduled for April 6, also has been canceled.
- Performances of the musical, “Little Women,” originally scheduled for April 2-4, have been canceled.
- The Spring Choral Concert, which is scheduled for April 18 at 7:30 p.m., has been canceled.
- The Spring Symphonic Band Concert, which was scheduled for April 25, has been canceled.
These plans are subject to change, pending decisions made by Emory & Henry College with regard to its academic calendar in response to the viral outbreak.
At this time, graduation will occur as scheduled but the commencement ceremony will be delayed. Emory & Henry College administration is dedicated to providing our amazing graduates an Emory & Henry commencement ceremony. We are continuing to watch how the national and global situations evolves, and will make decisions regarding how commencement will occur in the coming weeks.