Measurable learning objectives clearly describe what learners will learn and be able to do after successfully completing the course.
Module/Unit level Learning Objectives are measurable and are aligned with Course Learning Objectives.
Three Key Elements for Effective Learning Objectives
- Stated clearly
- Written from the learner’s perspective
- Prominently located in the course
- Guidelines for Writing Effective Learning Objectives
- General Standard 2, Quality Matters Higher Education Rubric, Sixth Edition
- Bloom’s Taxonomy Action Verbs
- Articulate Your Learning Objectives, Carnegie Mellon University
- Objective Builder Tool, Arizona State University
- Objective Builder Tool, University of Central Florida