Moodle is the current Learning Management System (LMS) that Emory & Henry College uses.
General System Requirements
- In order to successfully use Moodle, a desktop/laptop computer is recommended. Though Moodle can run on mobile devices, some features might not be available or function correctly. Learners are advised not to take exams/quizzes or submit assignments from a mobile device.
- Keeping the browser updated is important. Most browsers are supported.
- Access to the internet is needed. Broadband access is recommended.
- Resource: Virginia Wifi Hotspot Locations
- Some courses at Emory & Henry use publisher websites or e-portals such as McGraw-Hill Connect, Cengage MindTap, Pearson’s MyLabs, to name a few. They may have different system requirements than Moodle.
- As access to the publisher websites/e-portals is reserved for users only, it is recommended that learners refer to the course syllabus for details.
- It will be helpful for faculty at Emory & Henry to provide a guiding tour or a tutorial on how to use the publisher websites or e-portals as well as provide the technical support information from the publishers for learners.
- Moodle Activities Overview
- How to Create an Assignment Activity
- How to Create a Forum Activity
- How to Create a Quiz
- How to Create a H5P Activity
- How to use an External Tool
- How to Create a Survey
- How to Create a Workshop Activity
- How to Update Your Profile Picture (1 min video)
- How to Import a Course (2 min video)
- Everything about Grades
- How To Create and Use a Rubric in Moodle
If you encounter any technical issues in Moodle, contact Scott Kitts, Moodle Administrator at email@example.com.