Applying for Financial Aid
Filing your FAFSA is the single most important thing you can do to get financial aid for college — learn how.
The primary goal of Emory & Henry College’s financial aid program is to assist students in obtaining the necessary funds to enable attendance at the college. A variety of sources for financial aid, such as federal, state, institutional, and private or outside, creates opportunities for students to finance their education.
Before you start the FAFSA, here are the documents that you’ll need to have on hand. If you’re dependent student, you’ll need all of these from your parents as well:
- Your social security number
- Your driver’s license number (if you have one)
- Your alien registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Records of investment
- A Federal Student Aid ID
- Bank statements
- Records of untaxed income
- Federal Taxes (you can use your tax returns for the prior prior year to file FAFSA so you don’t have to wait to file your most return tax returns!)