Welcome! Bienvenue! Bienvenidos! مرحبا! Willkommen! Karibu! 欢迎! Vítejte! Boyeyi bolamu! ようこそ! Murakaze! Swaagat! Bhali karay aaya! خوش آمدید! Namaste!*
Emory & Henry College welcomes you and hopes our campus will become your home away from home.
The staff of the Office of International Education is pleased you have chosen to study at Emory & Henry College, and we are eager to receive you as a new member of our community. We hope that your stay here is enjoyable and enlightening, and that it will be an experience you remember fondly.
The next few months will be filled with numerous opportunities for learning, change, and challenge. We at E&H are committed to supporting you in attaining your personal and academic goals while you are in the U.S., and we invite you to take advantage of all the services that we provide.
You undoubtedly have many questions and concerns about life in the United States and at Emory & Henry College. The information included on this website will provide you with much of the information you will need to make important decisions about your time here. We strongly encourage you to use it as a resource.
Please feel free to contact the Office of International Education with any questions or concerns. You are always welcome to stop by our office at MS 140 for advice, support, or a friendly “hello.”
Degree Seeking Students
If you are an international student who wishes to earn a degree at E&H, apply here for admission to Emory & Henry College.
Want to transfer to Emory & Henry College?
International students on F-1 visas can transfer to Emory & Henry College from community college or other four year university. To do so, you must first complete the admission application. You also need to contact email@example.com to request the E&H international transfer form and provide this form to the international office at your current university or college.
Students who are enrolled at partner institutions can study at Emory & Henry College for a year or semester as part of their home institution requirements. Such students must be nominated by their home institution in order to participate (Nomination Deadline for Fall Semester - March 15; Spring Semester - September 15). If you are a student at a partner university and have been nominated for exchange, please read the guidelines below carefully.
The deadline for applications for the Fall Semester (mid-August) is May 1 and for the Spring semester (mid-January) is November 1. Applications received after this deadline will be considered at the discretion of the Director of Admissions and the Office of International Education.
International Exchange Guidelines
Your home university must nominate you for the exchange program.
Applications are welcomed from high-caliber candidates from within our partner institutions. Applicants must have completed a minimum of one year of a college or university degree and have a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent. Applicants will often be required to have academic background knowledge for the courses they wish to take within their main subject area.
English Language Requirements
International applicants whose first language is not English must have a standard level of English that will enable them to benefit fully from their course of study. The English language qualifications accepted by the Emory & Henry College for entry and the required scores can be found at International Admissions Requirements. Note that we accept TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and ACT scores.
Supporting Documents Required
After you submit your application, you must email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of your Official Academic Transcript from your home university in English (this is the document that contains the grades you have achieved in your studies at university to date).
- Personal Statement Essay (your reasons for choosing E&H – 1-2 pages typed).
- A copy of the ID information page of your passport (please ensure it is in date).
- Emory & Henry College Study Plan.
- Evidence of English language level - TOEFL/IELTS/ACT/SAT.
*Students who are nationals of a majority English-speaking country may be accepted without an English qualification if during the application process it has been demonstrated that you are able to understand written and spoken English to the required level. Students who are not nationals of a majority English-speaking country will be required to meet the International Admissions Language Standards.
Important Things to Know
Make sure you are aware of the application deadlines and familiarize yourself with the academic calendar.
- Unless you are a U.S national, you will need the F-1 visa to study in the U.S. View our Immigration Advice pages for more information.
- Gather together your supporting documentation. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITH MISSING DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. You are now ready to apply online.
- On submitting your application you will receive an automated response acknowledging receipt.
- Please be patient as we process your application. Once a decision has been made you will be sent your letter of acceptance via email. You will need to complete the financial information form for the Office of Admissions and pay the $200 deposit.
- Next, you will need to schedule an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest to your location for your visa interview. After you pay your $200 deposit, Emory & Henry College will mail your I-20 form via post so that you will have an original copy for your interview. Be sure to pay close attention to the documents required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for citizens of your country applying for an F-1 visa. We will not mail the I-20 until your deposit has been paid.
- Once your application is complete and your financial information is received, you will receive your student ID number, email and other campus login information, as well as information on how to apply for accommodations.
- For more information about housing and meal plans go to Life at Emory & Henry College.
- The Office of International Education will contact you about preparing for and getting to Emory & Henry College. You will gradually receive a number of support emails to help you prepare for your studies. It is essential you read these carefully.
- Many of your questions will be answered on our Office of Student Life and Life at Emory & Henry College web pages.
Still have questions? Check our Frequently Asked Questions for answers or contact email@example.com.
*The Welcome Message includes the languages from the home countries of our international students.