Semester & Summer Abroad
Broaden your view of the world.
E&H students can study abroad for a semester or academic year with any of our exchange partners. All students who are approved and enroll in a partner program are eligible for a travel grant for airfare (up to $1000). Students pay regular tuition fees to E&H and pay separately for their housing abroad. Visit the CSA to discuss the use of financial aid for study abroad.
The deadline for the semester abroad application is November 1 prior to the year of study.
If you plan to study abroad for a semester in 2023-2024, your application is due November 1, 2022. See here for application and more information about applying.
Applications for summer study are due November 1 prior to the summer of study.
If you plan to study abroad in summer 2023, your application is due November 1, 2022.
Semester Abroad with Emory & Henry Exchange Partnerships
If you want to study for a semester abroad, you must be nominated for the program by the Office of International Education. Contact email@example.com for more information. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can study at the locations below.
- University of Exeter
- University of Nottingham
- Aoyama Gakuin University (Tokyo)
- Rikkyo University (Tokyo)
E&H Affiliate Programs
If you want to study abroad for a semester in a location not included in our exchange offerings, you can choose to study with an affiliate program. In order to enroll in an affiliate program, students must take a short leave of absence from E&H and pay directly to the provider.
Summer Programs & Internships
Students can choose from a variety of summer programs all over the world.
Below are programs that have been popular with students. If you do not see a program listed, please inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org. Students apply to E&H by November 1 the year prior to study. With summer program, students are responsible for paying fees directly to the university or program abroad.
Featured Summer Programs with Exchange Partners
- Copey Learning Center, Copey, Costa Rica - fully funded program; competitive application process. Teach ESL at the Copey Learning Center in Costa Rica.
- Technische Universität Dortmund (TU) - included in partner exchange, no tuition fee, students pay housing/program fee only
- Costs for TU Dortmund International Summer Program (ISP)
- Aoyama Gakuin University Summer Program (Tokyo)
- Rikkyo University Short-term Intensive Japanese Program (Tokyo)
- Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM) - At least two students will have their summer tuition funded by E&H.
United Kingdom - England
Summer Internship in Bali, Indonesia
- Food Science, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Event Management, Fashion & Textiles, Finance, Marketing, Media, Tourism & Hospitality
Summer Internship in Prague, Czech Republic
- Business, Design, IT, Language Education, Marketing
Summer Internship in San Ramon, Costa Rica
- Healthcare, Education, Microfinance, Environment Conservation, Media, Veterinary & Animal Care
Summer Internship in Greece
- Marine Science & Conservation, Viticulture & Agriculture, Dentistry, Medical, Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety, Physical Therapy,
Summer Internship in Dublin, Ireland
- Education, Hospitality & Hotel Management, Sales & Marketing, Tourism
Summer Internship in Rome, Italy
- Agriculture & Production, Architecture & Design, Cultural & Artistic Heritage, Digital Marketing, Environmental Conservation & Ecology, Human Rights, Sales & Account Management
Summer Internship in Auckland, New Zealand
- Business, Environmental Science, Finance & Economics, Graphic Design, IT, Marketing, Event Management & PR
Summer Internship in Cusco, Peru
- Dentistry, Marketing, Midwifery, Physician Assistant, Psychology, Physical Therapy, Special Education, Veterinary & Animal Care, Youth Development & Education
Summer Internship in Cape Town, South Africa
- Event Planning, GIS, Journalism, Public Relations, Human Rights Law, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Social Work, Business, Education, Marketing
Summer Internship in Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Reserve Management & Research
Summer Internship in Sodwana Bay, South Africa
- Marine Biology and Reef Conservation
Summer Internship in Arusha, Tanzania
- Health Sciences, Medicine, Accounting, Cultural Arts
- Queen’s University Belfast
- University of Bristol (Biomedical & Veterinary Medicine)
- University of Bristol (Arts, Activism, & Social Justice)
- University of Exeter International Summer School
- University of Leeds International Summer School
- University of Westminster London Summer School
- The Fulbright UK Summer Institutes
E&H Partner Affiliates