Fitness & Wellness Programs
E&H Campus Recreation Fitness Classes will keep your mind occupied and your body active. Classes are provided weekly to keep you on your wellness journey!
Campus Recreation offers weekly instructional fitness sessions to Emory & Henry students in order to provide a holistic wellness experience. These sessions are completely free to E&H students and are designed for any skill level.
The following sessions are provided:
- Yoga- Every Tuesday at 7:30 PM
- Tabata/Zumba- Every other Monday at 7:30PM
These sessions are located in the Fellowship Hall of the Memorial Chapel. Registration information for these events are sent via your Emory & Henry email address.
Emory & Henry Campus Recreation “Walk Across Virginia Challenge”
The state of Virginia is a beautiful place to call home. Since its founding in 1836, Emory & Henry College has always been known for its rigorous academic curriculum, but also for the beautiful area surrounding the campus. The College is close to the Virginia Creeper and Salt Trails as well as the famous Appalachian Trail which covers a total of 555 miles through the state. This fact serves as the inspiration for Emory & Henry’s Walk Across Virginia Wellness Challenge through Emory & Henry Campus Recreation.
Here is how the challenge works:
- Students may download an app, use their Fitbit, Garmin or Apple Watch, or use any piece of technology that can track the number of miles walked, ran, biked, or swam.
- Students submit this information by filling out this form on a monthly basis.
- Students may record intentional activity mileage or simply track the number of miles you walk on a regular basis during your time on campus (to your classes, residence halls, cafe, etc.)
- Students will have from the first day of classes in the Fall Semester, to the last day of classes in the Spring Semester to complete the challenge.
Anyone that completes the challenge will win an E&H Walk Across Virginia T-Shirt!